Is this contact dermatitis or something else?

Posted , 1 user is following.

So, in my bikini area, next to my leg, i have a scar from a laser removal of a scab last year. Four months ago i had this first rash after using depilatory cream. it didn't hurt, didn't burn when i pee, i didn't have flu-like symptoms, nothing. i thought it was herpes but i realized i had no symptoms for a first outbreak, even my mom who has haf it told me it doesnt seem like it. i kept on using the depilatory cream but more cautiously. it cleared out with zinc cream. now, last week i used again this cream, and it happened again. this is what it looks like. burn like blisters. it doesn't sting, it doesn't hurt when i pee, it's only itching sometimes . i am thinking that maybe the scar tissue is more sensitive to the substances in the cream and more prone to a reaction . i put cortisone cream on it and it feels better. can anyone tell me if they had something similar and what was it? or for people with contact dermatitis or herpes, what were your symptoms?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.