Is this CPPS?? Or something really wrong with me?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey guys. 

8 Months ago I started having pain in the perineum which came with a handful of symptoms. Sometimes decreased urine flow, sometimes sporadic urine flow with force. Also when I had the urge to urinate, there was a strange feeling in the front of the bladder. Another one of the symptoms (and this is the strange one), penile retraction. (You may know it as penile turtling, buried penis, or shrinkage. ) This is the scariest one since it shrunk my penis to a really small size like it was blocking blood flow and being pulled back into the body.

The scrotum also shriveled up. Anyway, eventually, I went to the urologist he checked my prostate with the finger test and said i have non-bacterial prostatitis. (had no comment on the penis issue. ) He gave me an anti-inflammatory and some alpha blockers. Eventually, things got better and everything relaxed. During that time I did trigger point exercises and massages and things seem to have got better.

After a while, symptoms started coming back. Also worth mentioning I may have IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrom) which is causing gas in the colon. So this gas started irritating the pelvic floor and every time I went to the bathroom for #2 it becomes worse. So now I'm back to where I started and symptoms are worse. Now here's what worries me:

I don't have the normal symptoms of someone with CPPS. For one, I don't have frequent urination, and the other, no one with CPPS has this penis issue that I'm having. During the good days, the penis is fully relaxed, almost too much. Some days its pulled back. But when this perennial problem flairs up its fully pulled back and small and the shrinking sometimes causes pain. (This is not paranoia. I am aware that the penis can change the size and shrivels up when its cold or to protect itself.) This is very correlated with the pelvic strain. 

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this? Any suggestions? 

Does anyone have similar symptoms or had similar symptoms? Please share if you have. 

Thanks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

In the last 9 months I’ve had the ex act same but also with a sore burning urethra 

Not when I pee just randomly and when I drink beer.

I’ve had frequent urination

Very strong urine 

Penis turtling

Flow problems

Weird feeling in my bladder the last few weeks

• Posted

did you find out what this is? i have it too and really dont know what it is

• Posted

Hello my friend.  I was going to say before I read more in your post that it sounded like prostatitis.  Ever man can get it and we all have different symptoms.  I have some of the ones that you have but my penis goes numb.  Now that is a funny feeling.Now with the penis problem.  I was looking it up and all I found was that it has something to do with the muscle in the perineum area.  It said that to help it you have to go to the gym and work on the leg muscles and watch what you eat.  I am going to look more on the internet to see if I can find anything else.  Take care  Ken
  • Posted

Went to dr today and he seems to think my bladder is in spasm which I find hard to believe he wouldn’t prescribe anything for non bacterial prostate ‘tis but prescribed me oxybutynin 5mg twice a day 
    • Posted

Well the medicine he gave you is for the spasm.  Try it for a few days and if you don't get any better call the office at tell him you what antibiotic.  This is not working.  And if he will not do it.  Get another doctor  Ken  

• Posted

Today I’ve been having a weird feeling down there between my anus and testicles like a twitching strange feeling 

Also the urge to urinate and when I do the flow stop starts my urethra is always sore also. Not when I urinate but after.

Also it’s a bit sore doing #2s also

• Posted

Sorry to here about it.  Everything in that area has to do with everything in that area   Do you take anything for your #2 to help you go.  My doctor gave me a stool softer to take if I feel I am having a problem  It's called Docusate Sodium 100 MG  I do take it sometime and it does help  Hope you feel better  Ken

• Posted

I don’t have problem going just hurts a bit that’s why I thought it could be my prostate 
  • Posted

hi,

i have been suffering with the exact thing you describe above and am desperately trying to reach a diagnosis and treat it with my doctor. i would appreciate hugely if you would update me here with your own situation/what you have discovered since this post.

thanks,

adam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.