Is this Depression ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

I've been on this forum for a few months mostly on the anxiety forum. However things just keep getting worse. Long story short, in August 2015 I started having extremely painful dull pains in my back and chest and I still have them to this day constantly. They stop me living a normal life, and doctors are still puzzled to what is causing me pain.

Back in January I started with (I think) anxiety , and Derealization, however over the months it's gotten worse and worse. I also feel like I have extremley bad flu all the time without the runny nose or cough, just soar, tired, a hey, groggy and tipsy like I've had a few beers.

Recently however this spaced out feeling has gotten so bad I dare to drive, or sometimes even go out. I wake up thinking I'm still asleep, and just feel like any minute I'm going to wake up from a nightmare.i fee dissorientated and like I'm not with it at all! However even my close family say t the outside I seem fine. I can put such an act on sad

Any advice ?! sad

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi alex

Are you on any medication? I have many of the same symptoms but my medication causes some and like you doctora cant give me explanation. Anxiety is horrendous im having this just now as im coming off a certain medication but its stopping me sleeping and ive felt especially the last 5 months or so like im living in someone else body.

• Posted

Hello Alex

Do you have a headache and are you sleeping ok? As in, when you go to bed, do you fall asleep within an hour? Ever had an expanding rash anywhere?

I presume your GP has done blood pressure / bloodwork?

Anxiety and the mind are very powerful, they can produce physical manifestations of pain.

Is your chest and back pain the cause of your anxiety? Or do you think there is another cause? There may be something causing your anxiety that you don't realise or to much stress.

Hang in there my friend.

• Posted

Hi guys,

I go to bed about 9pm as I can't stay awake any longer. I feel almost paralettic but other people say I look fine.

I've had every single blood test under the sun for my chest and back pain, along with X-rays and an MRi scan of my spine. It's all just "Normal" which I think started my anxiety off having to deal with really bad pain all day every day with no help or explanation.

But yeah no rash, and I 'look' like a very wel and fit person. But from the inside I fee like a 100 year old who is constantly drunk and had memory loss and confusion.

I also have not gained or lost weight in the year.

• Posted

Alex how old are you and have you ever been refferred to a neuroligist or had a ct scan. Do you suffer from total fatigue at all?

Another explanation is either fibromyalgia or m.e.

I have had m.e 7 years ago this causes more debilitating fatigue but fibromyalgia caise pain

• Posted

No I haven't ever seen a neurologist and I've had a ct scan from my hips to my neck and all was perfect.

I'm not 'Tired' as such and could easily play a 60 minute football match. But after I will feel just as rubbish as I felt before the game started. Flu like and drunk, woolly headed.

I have co start dull inflimation pain in my neck upper back and left side, all through my pectorals and under my arms. Like a crushing sensation, which started one morning when I was on a sunbed in Greece !!

No matter how much sleep I have I wake up feeling 'Tipsy' and just completely not with it like half of my brain never wakes up. I don't like driving anymore and for some reason have a really short temper, but that is because of dealing with all these symptoms all day with no explanation.

The last doctor said "It's your body stuck in a cycle of anxiety when u think about you're funny bead feeling it triggers it and makes it happen"

Every single doctor I've seen seems to think I'm fine because I 'Look' fine. It's crippling me ! sad

They just say "You've had the tests it'll go" sad

I'm 21 UK

• Posted

This sounds to me like fibromyalgia do a search online. Its usually not diagnosed until everything else is ruled out. It can cause pain all over also anxiety amd depression. My friend was recently diagnosed after years of joint pain and has been put on a combination of medication which has improved her pain enormously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.