Is this depression or burnout, which I can't recover since 15?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, Friends. I am 25y old male. I have ALMOST no emotions, nor good or bad for quite a long time. Feeling tired and get exhausted after anything(and I mean anything), even talking, reading or writing(but still working easy job, where no need to think much:D). But the worst is that I feel like my all thinking, memory, learning and similar abilities are now way below average. Also I feel like I can't care about anything. Would feel the same if I win in lottery 1 million or if doctor would say "We need to cut your leg off". I could say more symptoms, but these are the main and never goes away. I can read no more than 10 minutes without break, but little by little I did read a lot about all kind of conditions which could cause that. My best bets would be major depressive disorder or burnout, but the one which doesn't recover even after 4 months of quiting job and doing nothing just relaxing.

So my main question is could it be depression, even I have red many stories, that those who experience depression all has overflow of emotions and they would decribe that as the worst symptom? Or could it be from the long term anxiety? I always had fear feelings since childhood every day. Maybe my mind just gave up feeling fear all the time and shut down? Any answers I would appreciate. Sorry, for bad verbal. Hard to think and not the first language. Thank you!

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever asked a professional what it could be?   I would definitely start with a medical Dr.  and then see a psychiatrist.    A medical Dr. could run some test to see if something is off - it could be a very simple thing that could be fixed.  Just making this up but you could be just low in something, or your thyroid is out of whack. Sounds like it is interfering with your quality of life so there is not reason to not get this checked out by a professional who might be able to easily get you back in shape.  If those two types of Drs. don't help I would check into a functional/holistic Dr. or an MD that also practices a holistically because those Dr. look for the root of the problem rather than just perscribing meds that may cover up the systems and not fix the problem.   Bottom line is what you are experiencing does not sound normal and you should not continue to suffer when it can be rectified. 

• Posted

I checked everything else. All tests are normal. Pcychiatrist is all who's left. But still don't get it, why is it so hard for me to find anybody who has same symptoms. Well anyway, thank you for comment. smile

• Posted

Hi Thomas. Have you been to a psychiatrist or a therapist for an evaluation? I think that would be the first place to start. I am very sorry that you are suffering so and I hope you get help soon. Please keep us informed and use us for support as we understand depression. Diane
  • Posted

hi thomas

it seems that some good suggestions have been posted for you to follow up on 

but some one who is thier daily it can be hard you need to stop and think at what you want and need and take it from thier we are all supportive of every one here so make the right choice and take some action before you think it is all to hard do it for you and no one else .

let us know how you progress

petram

• Posted

Hi having depression often means your emotions are blunted and you feel very tired.  It's exhausting trying to live a normal life when you have to fight yourself every day.

There are a number of online depression tests you can take so why not google them as they can give you a guide.  I would have a chat with a doctor if you think you have depression as something doesn't sound right here.  Only a medical professional can diagnose you. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.