is this derealization

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone i haven't been on here the last few weeks ive actually been feeling not to bad but tonight ive experienced the odd feeling ive had in the past ill try to explain it. Ill be doing something like today I was shopping after i get home i felt strange its like deja vu i feel like im experiencing something ive never experienced but thing is I have experienced it along with this feeling i feel like im in a dream and at times my arms and legs seem like there not mine, my vision seems hazy and i feel completely detached from myself all this is coupled with the deja vu feeling ive still got this sensation and its going onto an hour and a half since it started can anyone relate to this is this part of anxiety im freaking out bad.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I think I get this aswell I feel like I'm not quite here fuzzy head can last for hrs for me
  • Posted

Yes I get this all the time! It's really weird and can be a little alarming but it won't hurt you! And usually it's caused by your body calming down after you've had an anxiety attack as it's realizing there is no danger so it's a bit in shock. But anyway what really helps is to ground yourself and drinking eater. I hope this helps, I've been suffering from anxiety attacks for a few years now so I know where you're coming from
    • Posted

Hi mackenziec thanks very much for your reply, do you also get the deja vu feeling thats the worst part for me the thing is the deja vu feeling is ment to be a feeling of experiencing something before but you really haven't see i have experienced it so its not qtruite deja vu but is sorry if im not making sense

• Posted

Yes, it is. I get it everyday. rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi kayla do u feel like your reliving the past its like a feeling of deja vu but i have lived it ect its a very very strong feeling of past. How do you explain it?
    • Posted

Yes, I do. I mean, I've had this since before I developed GAD. I've always had a bit more anxiety than usual, but didn't really have the random panic attacks, like I do now... I have always gotten these feelings of deja vu. 
  • Posted

I get the Deja's vu feeling too rolleyes sounds like ptsd with derealization I think that's why I have it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.