Is this episcleritis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My right eye has looked like this for three weeks... going back to the Dr next week. He said initially it was caused by dry eye, which I'm sure is part of it.... but does this look like episcleritis? Feeling very frustrated and bummed that it hasn't changed or improved in all this time. Have you ever had it for this long? I've never had any eye issues like this before! I'm only using moisture drops and heat compresses thus far.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hmmm,looks like episcleritis. Stop the hot compresses which may not be helping. Try taking Ibuprofen 2x3 times per day for a week. You may need some steroid drops as well. Keep using the moisture drops. Denas suggestion of Manuka honey is a good idea. Its often used for eye problems like dry eye.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.