Is this ETD?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all,

I'm new to ear problems. Issues started 5 months ago when I noticed my right ear felt full. No pain or hearing issues, just full. 2 months ago I went to GP who said right ear had fluid and there was a little in the left. Gave my nasal steroid and sent me to ENT. Audiologist tested hearing and pressure. Came back no difference. Audiologist and ENT both found no fluid and said steroid must have worked. ENT said on paper I was perfect and thought I was having ear migraines. Only the audiologist mentioned he thought I had ETD.

Fast forward to now and I'm still having some issues. My right ear no longer feels full, but there are two main issues. One, this whole time I have been unable to blow air into my right ear when holding my nose and mouth. Only my left one. If I yawn and quickly do it, however, I can blow out my right ear, but only during a yawn. Also, when I burp, it pops my right ear every time.

My other issue is sometimes certain sounds seem to cause me some pain in my right ear. This is only certain loud sounds and it may be worse when I'm really stressed.

I am a horrible hypochondriac and terrified this is something bad. Trying to find some reassurance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.