Is this even related

Posted , 6 users are following.

Sat here literally crying my eyes out. I'm so so anxious. Symptoms started 8  weeks ago found out had glandular fever, lymph glands up in neck no other symptoms, tired alllll the same then had  a 2 days period then 5 days later blood clots out my bottom. Had colonoscopy all clear except a small pile. Pelvic pain near enough constantly, loose stools, vaginal discharge started 3 days ago not sure if that's because I'm due on tomorrow or not. Bloods white blood cell was ok then had repeat bloods and slightly up 11.6. Inflammation counter is also slightly higher. Glands up in groin both sides, I think it's that anyway to lumps both sides maybe due to Glandular fever stop  I don't know . The pelvic pain is the worst, pain in left side can be worse, rib cage pain, lower pain pain, on of pain in legs. Occasional heartburn and Nausea. I have CT pelvis and stomach with contrast end of the month in absolutely terrified it's the dreaded C. I have two young children aged 2 and 3 and I keep thinking I'm going to miss seeing them grow up as ridiculous as that's sounds I'm absolutely petrified! 😭😭😭😭 is this all to do with glandular fever or something else going on!! Due on period tomorrow and also have the flu

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hey,keep calm,firstly! I've been there, I had mono for 5 months-worst time of my life. In my case it started with a left breast pain..then I discovered 6 lumps in my breast,one was reactive to mono. Then all my body was hurting,pins and needles all over my chest,legs and shoulders, lymph nodes..thought it was cancer but it was f*****g Epstein Barr..so,it takes time. The most important thing is to NOT freak out,trust me.I thought I'd die then. But I'm perfect now,for 3 months I ok..it is said mono can last for 6 months,so keep calm and don't freak out! Stress feeds the virus..stress worsens even the mildest disease.

Prayers.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply, I also get a lot of those symptoms there's so many to list!! I had breast issues funnily enough in my left breast constant pain the first 3 weeks and up my neck that's gone now. I'm so scared it's like the blood clots from my bottom I keep thinking what the hell was that about or was I mistaken and was it from my vagina. I can't even begin to tell u how scared I am. I try to forget about it but the pelvic pain is constantly there as a reminder, the loose stools every time I go, the vagina discharge which to be fair is clear once it was pale yellow and then a bit watery but I've googled and it says the most awful things 😭 Xxx

• Posted

Don't be. If it's infectious mononucleosis will eventually pass in the worst case in 6 months.WORST. So just hang in there and wait. Eat well,sleep often,take some Celebrex,Ibuprofen.I'd recommend you to schedule a psychiatry visit because this virys lasts and you need some help related to thinking positively the entire situation; thr doctor will give you some pills to help you be happier,to sleep better and to overcome anxiety and fear. I've been there while my mononucleosis and it helps me a lot.

Btw,vaginal discharge and unusual bleeding were my problems to,don't freak out.

Take care! Write me anytime! Hugs.

• Posted

My problems too*,sorry for my bad writing..my phone has some problems. Be safe! Prayers.
  • Posted

Rosanna, I know how frightening to have so many symptoms! I advise you

To stay of internet. It usually causes more stress into an already very stressful situation.

I'm 13 months in and still clearly remember the horrible hours, days, weeks and months of the physical and emotional symptoms! I am much better but still not back to my prior to gf days.

Hang in there! Calm yourself and comfort yourself as much as possible. I know sometimes ot is very limited or impossible to do. It will pass! You will get well!

Prayers, Rhonda

• Posted

I know thank you we've spoke many times before 💖 I can't sleep to find anyone else who has pelvic pain I keep thinking it must be something else xxx

• Posted

Hi Rosanna, you're going to be okay. I'm having a difficult time with this terrible virus but WE will get through it. I'm sorry you're in so much pain but may I ask are you fatigued ? Or not really. If you're not , I'm glad that you still have energy to take care of your kids smile

The nauseous feeling will subside and you will get your life back !!

• Posted

I just read that you said you're tired all the time so disregard my last question lol. But yes since I've had this virus I've had weird physical symptoms as well but just remember in your case it's probably all from the virus too. & as the virus leaves so will the symptoms smile 

• Posted

Hey Rosanna,

Just want to reassure you that the symptoms you are going through do sound all part of the glandular fever course...which I know doesn't help much because they are so severe and debilitating but I want you to be reassured that it is not likely to be anything else other than that. The pains can come in all parts of the body, glands are everywhere, where you say around the lower ribcage and groin, etc, all very common. The pelvic pain could be glands in the groin region even not sure. It sounds like you've done the right thing by getting checked out and take reassurance from that, but of course do see the doctor if you're still concerned.

The phase you are going through is BY FAR the worst phase Rosanna, it does and will get easier in time. Don't panic if it still takes a bit of time to get better unfortunatley that can be the case, but recovery DOES COME even though it sometimes feels like it never will with this dreaded virus.

Rhonda is right if you can try to stay off the sites which scaremonger about glandular fever....this is by far the best forum I have found to take about the virus because it offers real people's experiences, encouragement and hope, where many sites are ill advised and only tell you are the very tiny small percentage of bad stories where something goes wrong - in the VAST MAJORITY of cases people go through an awful awful time with this virus but then make a full and complete recovery.

Thanks so much Rhonda and Christy and Catalin for the encouraging words. Thinking about you all and Rosanna especially today want to let you know that I truly believe you are going make a full recovery - just take it one day at a time and hang in there just now, I know it's so hard but this will pass over and you have nothing to fear or worry about in terms of seeing your children grow up - you will be fit and well to do all the wonderful things with them once through this tough time.

Plenty of rest, some good immune boosting vitamins and reducing stress as much as possible (I know it's so hard) are the best medicine.

Take care and thinking of you

Craig

• Posted

Thanks so much Craig your always so supportive. I find it so so difficult to believe  all this is from glandular fever. It's insane! Xxx

• Posted

It's so hard Rosanna, just really hoping and praying that you and everyone on the forum here can get better soon....I know everyone's so tired and weary of it all. Let's just take one day at a time and trust in God that things can and will change for the better. I believe that.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.