Is this feeling normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm at work today and I've been feeling constantly light headed/wobbly and short of temper. It's only my fourth day on Mitazapine and just not feeling with it and certainly restless as well. Never got this feeling with Citalopram.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I felt very lightheaded and drowsy to begin with on mirtazapine, but never bad tempered. I know some people have had this though. The light headedness does get less by the day usually.
  • Posted

Mirtazapine takes a few weeks to work fully, it is early days yet. The body has to adjust.
  • Posted

I know what you mean Phillip I was the same for the first few days, I ended up having a few days off work to adjust, the lighthead feeling went but I do get easily agitated but this has only happened in the last couple of wks. Stick with them as they do help I to was on citalopram but feel better on mirt. Good luck
  • Posted

It's been well over 12 hrs now and still feel strange, like I've had a couple of drinks. Can't afford to take anymore time off work but it's not an unpleasant feeling!
  • Posted

Hi, In my experience the lightheadness, dizziness is common with Mirtazapine - at least at first.  I've taken Mirtaz for a number of years but always at bedtime. The odd times when I took it during the day I feel asleep and felt groggy for the rest of the day. I don't know about the shortness of temper. How much are you taking? Your best bet for a solid answer is to talk to your, they are very knowledgable about the meds (often more so than the docs).  Good luck to you.

• Posted

That sounds like good advice - to take the mirtazapine shortly before you go to bed. I've been on it for 6 years and I've always taken it at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.