Is this feeling normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I don't really know how to start this but I just feel... disconnected from myself. Like people could be talking about somthing but I just don't connect emotionally. For example if someone says that they feel sad or somthing I don't know what to do, I try to reason it out for them but then they seem to get annoyed at me and just make it worse.( as you can probebley guess I don't have many friends) 

Another thing that's been happening is when I contemplate what's the point of me being alive. I mean I don't want children, I don't believe that there is a "special person" so in all why should I take up reasorses that others could use. I work it out methodically but feeling disconnected from it emotionally. I was just wondering if anyone else thinks like this and if it is normal or not.thanks for reading 

Ps I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong catogory I seriously don't know what to do.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, have you always felt like this or have you suddenly felt a change in yourself? Not wanting kids or a partner doesn't mean you should feel like you don't have a purpose, it sounds like your not a people person (likewise) some people feel grounded when they find a motive like gardening or working with animals, is that something you would like?

• Posted

Hi luv pebbies feeling like you do is quite normal after being manipulated by your feelings about love and people you feel that closing yourself off will save you heartache that these things could give you but you have already explained to us that you have a brain to think with it's not what you look like but it is best you look after yourself kid's are not the end all of life most people have kids for all the wrong reasons some don't what to work letting others pay or just too get away from family you are strong person i'am old now you are younger I feel and sound like a lovely person to whom thinks and feels this down patch will pass not feeling interested in anything is possible your mind telling you it's got to much going on in it at the moment stop and think about yourself not what you doing tomorrow but this minutes what would be happy to do now all the best love m

• Posted

It is normal for some people not to want a partner or children.  You sound like you are feeling down and going through a bad patch.  You may well have a touch of depression or anxiety.  I would visit your GP who can check you over and see if there is anything that they can give you to lift your mood.  It would be good to get involved in a hobby where you could find an interest or even make new friends.  You can get through this hard time and come out the other end where you can find something to give your life a purpose again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.