Is this fibro fog?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and since yesterday have had a awful headache on the right side of head down to shoulders and a feeling of being in a dream like state! Unable to concentrate on anything and feel like I'm looking through a blurry glass or something! It's very hard to explain I just don't feel here if that makes sense?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi K
    • Posted

Hi Kerry I have been told by my GP that I most likely have fibro. Brain fog is one of my symptoms and I do have horrible one sided headaches. I initially went to GP with extreme fatigue and pain literally all over. After blood tests I was found to have a vitamin d deficiency and also folic acid deficiency. I have been on prescribed supplements for some time but went back as not feeling any better. This is what led him to think fibro. I am now on tramadol for pain and have to go back shortly for follow up and referral to rheumy. My mom has fibro and it does tend to run in families. Has your GP done blood tests to check for deficiencies? X
  • Posted

That sounds different from brain fog Kerry. I would get that checked out. Go and see your doctor and get some tests done. Better safe than sorry sweetie. Maggie x
  • Posted

Yes I have had bloods done quite a few times the only thing that ever come up was low b12 but that is now through the roof! I also suffer with quite bad anxiety so I am wondering if it's a mixture of the two things maybe!

• Posted

Hi Kerry

I have the same symptoms. My rheumy told me they were all fibro related.

I take migraine tablets which only sometimes helps. Have you changed or increased your medication recently? I found that my medication was making me extremely drowsy and so I decided to reduce my meds. My pain levels are high again but at least I have a little more concentration.

Best wishes x

• Posted

Hi I don't actually take any medication for the fibro as of yet they have just referred me to a pain clinic!! I do also suffer with migraines to so it could be that that is causing it! I know you can get so many different symptoms with fibro so who knows!

• Posted

I get that its fibro fog ive been told sometimes i get it without headache and it stays with you for indefinate periods its horrible when it happens to you its hard to live with this illness hope things get better for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.