Is this fibroidmylagia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Back in December I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and IBS. In January I was eventually put on sertraline and have been on this for 8 weeks. I feel much better, my appetite has returned, I'm more motivated and doing more. Also my IBS is better.

However I'm left with painful muscles in my neck, shoulders, back, knees, arms, ribs, groin, temples, eyes, ankle. It's not everyday. The pain is like dull ache, sore, burning and effects my quality of life. I can't understand why this is happening as my mood is so much better now. I'm also on a tiny dose of pregagarbin.

Somebody mentioned it could be fibroidmyagia and when I looked this up it is very similar. I'm seeing a chiropractor tomorrow as my neck is really painful.

Can anyone advise me please?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ps I feel really stiff in the mornings and sometimes light headed
  • Posted

Yes Karen, it can be fibro. Since fibromyalgia mimics so many other diseases symptoms you will need to have tests done to rule them out. And get a referral for a rheumatologist to confirm fibro. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Karen an welcome

You will need a referral to a rheumatologist to get a fibro diagnosis confirmed.  I use chiropractor who knows all about fibro and doesn't use too much pressure near the fibro tender points otherwise he would need to peel me off the ceilinglol   I find it helps me - be prepared to have regular treatments to begin with - I used to go a couple of times a week but now am down to once every 6-8 weeks just to keep me more mobile.

If you get a diagnosis of fibro it isn't the end of the world - we are all here to  help and advise. Generally the fibro folk who frequent these boards are a helpful band sharing tips and offering support when the going gets tough. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.