Is this fibromyalgia?

Posted , 4 users are following.

It started with rib pain a year ago. I was diagnosed with costochondritis, and told that it would go away on its own within a couple of months.

It never went away. My arms and shoulder started to hurt as well, and then I'd get occasional pain in my legs. I noticed a twitch in my side that keeps coming back. My legs feel sore and twitchy if I lay on my back too long.

I often get the sensation that my face is burning, though it doesn't feel hot to the touch. I get random spells of dry eyes and/or dry mouth. My neck feels constantly painful and I get headaches/migraines that last for days on end.

I have frequent heart palpitations, I fall asleep if I sit still very long, my entire face randomly turns red, I'm always tired and often feel like I have the flu without any fever. Cold temperatures make me hurt, my ankles often swell, and I get tingling or numbness in my hands or feet really easily.

I've had my heart, thyroid and glucose all tested and monitored. Everything is normal, yet my neck around my thyroid often hurts or is swollen.

I was diagnosed a few months ago with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), and it can cause a small number of the things I mentioned, but not all. Does this sound like fibromyalgia? What do doctors look for to diagnose it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You will feel alot of nerve pain through your body.. burning nerve pain or tingling.. lately I've been having the burning eyes . I went to e.r they diagnosed me with allergies.. been taking allergy pills it seems to help but eventually comes right back. So I'm not sure what it could be.. you will get anxiety or feel nervous. But I'm sure its cuz ot the strange feeling through your whole body.. i hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Cristen, The way i was diagnosed was by my doctor pressing on certain pressure points. He had sent me for xrays and tests but they came back pretty normal. I have arthritis but he said it wasn't bad enough to cause what pain i had. He said i have fibromyalgea and that there wasn't a lot known about it. I have to learn to live with it i was told. Its not nice and never know from one day to another how i am going to be making it difficult to plan anything. Best wishes from Josephine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.