Is this Flu or Flu Jab?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So last week at work two or three people came in with really bad flu, coughing and sneezing everywhere. Too poorly to be at work really but hey ho! So I thought to myself I’d go and get the flu jab, so Friday came around and I booked myself in for Saturday morning. Off I went to have the flu jab, which was fine and I had the usual achy arm all day Sunday but that was it. Monday comes around and I’m aching from head to toe, thought it was probably just from the flu jab as she did mention a slight fever was possible. However by Monday night I’d started to get a scratchy throat too. We’re now on Wednesday night and I have a very sore throat, I can’t sleep for feeling nauseous, and have a generally upset stomach although haven’t vomited being  emetophobic I avoid it at all costs. What I’m wondering is.. could I have caught the flu off my poorly colleagues and then had the flu jab which is causing like an internal fight? I’m not 100% down with the flu like I have been before, but I feel dreadful and like I’ve got symptoms coming on slower and over longer periods of time. Has anyone had this from the flu jab or is it just that I’ve picked something up? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I took a jab 3 weeks ago and now have full flu - first time ever this has happened after a jab.
  • Posted

I had the flu jab 3 days ago and since then my temperature has been fluctuating (between normal and 39.3). Like you I am wondering whether or not this is normal. The leaflet I received when I had the jab said side effects would start up to two days from having it, but it doesn't say when they will end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.