Is this folliculitis or something sinister? (Pic)

Posted , 8 users are following.

It's quite itchy and burns

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hello. how do they progress? do you have any more pics? it looks quite like follulitis to be honest. I get it but I get smaller patches of it and mines itches and is sore too. I can't see any ulcers that suggest herpes. do any of yours blister a little? I genuinely think that's all it is.

• Posted

this looks like folliculitis, dont worry

i get this after shaving every time, if the spots hurt put a hot compress and tea tree oil, and absolutely dont itch or squeeze 😃

• Posted

i have this currently, use a beard trimmer instead of a razor and something like QV wash with tea tree oil after for a while, and I mean for like 2 or 3 months.

when its cleared up, make sure you are switching your razors out on the reg so there isnt any bacteria build up getting transferred on to sensitive skin! best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.