Is this frozen shoulder?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

-been in shoulder agony for 6 weeks - started out of the blue when I woke up one morning.

At first pain lasted only a couple of hours every morning, then eased, but now is constant, often excruciating (in last few days has spread to jaw and teeth) and keeps me awake all night - am at end of tether.

I was provisionally diagnosed with FS at casualty, but orthopaedic doc has since changed diagnosis to pinched nerve in neck and wants me on steroids and very strong opioid painkillers., which I would prefer avoid.

I have no restricted movement at all, in fact it hurts most of all when I stay still, and especially when I lie down, and eases a little with gentle movement,

Have had 3 sessions therapeutic message and am now trying acupressure - no relief.

Desperate at least for a diagnosis, but orthopaedic doc says because movement not restricted it cannot be FS.

However, my understanding is that Phase 1 of FS = pain, not restricted movement?

Can anyone advise?

Also, anyone else get the tooth pain (on same shoulder side)?

Thank you so much.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi bea

yup shoulders who needs them .

i had 12 weeks of total devastating ache when my shoulder kicked of as you said with movement. but he why move ya shoulder when it aches so bad.

you at this point have to go along with the ortho. you could damage further the nerve where its pinched.

sadly the only thing to do is wait. yup its hard and sleepless. i was encouraged to keep my shoulder/s moving to encourage ROM. the more you move more you keep over the time line.

but use caution if its nerve damage

colin

• Posted

hi Bea, sorry to hear you are in such bad pain. does the Ortho Dr think if you take steroids that it will cure nerve?.or what was the prognosis?

I didn't have the symptoms you describe with my FS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.