Is this fybro real?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Are we being 'fobbed off' with yet another 'easy diagnosis'?. I have had painfull fet since I had to have drugs for Atrial Fibrilation. I don't sleep more than 4 hours without waking up with painfull feet, lower legs and I can only last 4 hours if I have 2 paracetamol before I go to sleep. I have had a stent in recently and have yet to find any improvement but I have had a chest infection and a bad hip, ( I am 64) but have always been very active. I can't see a Podiatrist because I have to pay private, and as a 'poor' penshioner, I can't afford it, even after working for 44 years.....

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello Vaughan,

Tend to think this Fybro is real, especially as many doctors are reluctant to diagnose it. The diagnosis is one of elimination, and not easy. For me it has been pain and sleep problems. You are putting up with a lot. I see, but I don't have any answers - sorry. You have the same surname as me, Vaughan, so I wondered about your ancestry.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Just realised about the ancestry? we're a family with roots in South Yorkshire ? - hope it's not inherited 'smog' effect from the 50's & 60's?.
  • Posted

fibro was first used as a medical term in the 1ww for unexplained muscle spasms

with pain. any how yes it is real but its only because our prehistoric minds are out of control .fibro is caused by truma medical, accidently,emotionly,illness,

look in to the retraining of the brain on the net its explained better there.this is  whatrazz is what i am doing , to hopefuly recover from this terriable condition . .

• Posted

I don't think that fibromyalgia as you have hip pain singular more likely from the way you walk and lower limb is more likely an effect of the heart and meds

report the legs to gp and as the nurse for an abi to check you vascular performance.

raise your legs very high when resting and as night raise end of bed

hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for that Gillian, it's worth a try!..I've been to my 1st Cardiac Rehab session today ( after a stent implant in Nov) it went OK I think, see how I feel in the coming days. best to u ..
  • Posted

It's real alright..,100s of differing Symtoms too, it's not too easy to diagnose either.,,everyone on this site says the same..:-) xxx stay positive and strong,,I'm 64 too. Had this for over 20 yrs....many other issues too..like others...stay positive if you can...you will be stronger...be blessed..:-) xx Australia 
  • Posted

Hi Vaughan

It sure is real...I were diagnosed 3.5 years ago..and are most deffinatly worse now.

I am on Paracetamol and Oramorph it only takes the edge off the pain..

Regards...Anne...neutral

• Posted

use magneisum oil for pain relief works as well as most painkillers and causes less problems . relaxation daily also helps because the muscles become relaxed so less tenseion less pain . .
    • Posted

Paracetamol last thing seems to help me sleep for about 4 - 5 hours. Thanks Anne.  confused
    • Posted

Do u know if magnesium oil is OK with Warfarin as some topical things like Brufen are not?.
    • Posted

i dont know hun not being medical i wouldnt like to say .

best put in a search or ask your gp .but they proberly wouldnt know

i asked mine about using it he just shurged his shoulders and said we only do one afternoon on minerals and vitamins .

• Posted

Hi again Tiswas....Not heard of Magneisum Oil where is that purchased from? If you don't mind me asking..Thanks...Anne...
    • Posted

Hi Vaughan...Glad something helps you..and you are getting more sleep than me. I am very lucky if I get 3 hours... Keep Well...Anne...
    • Posted

iv seen it in  tescos in the medical section .or you can buy it on line
  • Posted

Hi

just picked up

you do qualify for nhs podiatry because you are a pensioner 'at risk'

the pain in your feet is because of your af during the day the heart has to work v hard to cope with af and the veins to return all this irregular and excess pumping so when you lie down you get restless feet and legs

raise your legs at night it helps

raise the heel the side of the bad hip put some card about 3-5 m cut in a D shape under heal

What's meds are you on for af? I have had af and cadioversions 6 times and some meds work better than others but talk to your cardiologist arrhythmias clinic explain restless legs as they need to know that you are having this reaction

have you tried something similar to amytrypteline taken in small doses as prescribed its very good at assisting with sleep and leg twitching

look on your local nhs podiatey arena there's usually info on referral criteria and sometimes self referral

does your other foot not on bad leg roll in at all ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.