Is this gastritis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i do gave a sensitive stomach and have had gastritis before but the pain was nothing to what i experienced today.

i had a bit of roast pork and potato bake and then about half an hour later i was sitting at my desk and i suddenly got constant stabbing pains under my left rib cage. it was so severe i couldnt get up, i had the sweats and a warm sensation where the pain was. i did a few little burps and had some gaviscon and no change.

i went to emergency and after being assessed was told it was gastritis and i was given a somac which has made no difference

i still have sharp pain now 5 hours later and laying here it feels like something has been shoved under my rib cage, so much pressure in my chest and pain under rib on left side

would really like to know if anyone else gets this?

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ive had chronic gastritis for sometime, officially diagnosed over a year ago and i was managing just fine then about a month or two ago i got exactly what you are describing but in the center i thought i was going to die i was sweating i could barely breath and couldnt move i also went to the ER and was given blood test ekg and a ct scan and they told me it was my GERD and gastritis acting up. they gave me what they called a GI cocktail and the pain vanished and i felt so much better. i hope this is what it was because my mind has me convinced its something more sinister.

• Posted

sorry to hear what your going through. i have had gastitis problems for 2 years now and the pain i experienced last night was the worst i have ever had, i really wondered if it was more

i get centre pain regularly too but mine seems to be mostly left sided and if i push under my ribs anywhere across it feels so full

im going to see my gastrontologist in a couple of weeks and think its time for another endoscopy. have also been recommended by friends to have a hida scan incase my gall bladder is giving me grief. i have had an ultrasound and it was all clear but i have one friends whos was clear also and the hida scan showed her gall bladder had to come out!

i hope things get better for you

• Posted

i no longer have my gallbladder i had it removed years ago due to stones when i had gallbladder attacks it was all on the right side but i have heard sometimes it can refer to left side.

• Posted

Hi Vicki,

Just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of your issue? i saw an earlier thread where you said you had rapid weight loss? Did it improve?

Thanks

kylie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.