Is this gastritis or something else? Please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 23 yo female and have been experiencing indigestion type symptoms for more than 2 weeks. My symptoms are mainly nausea (particularly after food), feeling full quickly when eating, a mild stomach pain, gurgling noises in stomach and passing wind/belching. I have also been having issues sleeping as I sometimes feel that my head is quite heavy/dizzy. My stool has also recently been soft and lighter brown/dark yellow in colour.

I have recently started taking Gaviscon after meals and my stomach pain seems to be getting better. Does this mean I have gastritis? I am going to get a stools and blood test tomorrow for further checks but wanted to know if anyone had experienced similar symptoms?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

This does sound like gastritis. I'm a 24 year old female and have been experiencing the same symptoms for over 3 months now and was diagnosed with gastritis via endoscopy about 2 months ago.

Are you on acid supressing meds like lansoprazole or ranitidine? These may help a little. Also make sure you are eating as bland as possible and specifically avoiding anything fatty or acidic.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply. I've just taken a stools test to check for H. pylori infection which may be causing it. Was this the cause of your case too? My GP hasn't referred me for an endoscopy yet so I will suggest that next time.

I was previously on strong iron supplements so I think that may have had something to do with its cause. I'm taking Gaviscon currently which seems to be helping - although I've noticed I get sick if I don't eat on time!

Hope the medicines are helping you! Is your gastritis expected to clear up?

• Posted

I have been having exactly same symptoms but I feel nausea in morning too. Lot of acidic water back to throat with burps.

Hope u get well.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your response - have you been diagnosed with gastritis from the doctor too? And are you taking any medication?

My main concern is that this will become a chronic condition which I really don't want!

• Posted

I was given different diagnosis on different time. 3 or 4 months back I was diagnosed with gastritis peptides. That nauseous but when I used to eat I could subdise the sick feeling.

But now can not seem to eat properly I get full while eating or in small meal. M diagnosed with functional dyspepsia.

So given ppi and felt great while taking it complete day.

I stopped it and I am back to same. Now I feel like food gets stuck on upper middle part between lungs and stomach . Even if I burp I get taste of food in that or even food comes in mouth.

I think until and unless it's ulcer or any thing serious to can be taken care of.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.