Is this genital herpes or yeast sores?? Please help! Lots of pictures!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

a few days ago i noticed my discharge smelt a a bit like bv and very mild irritation. so i got a prescription for antibiotics from GP. i also took fluconazole cause I didnt want to get thrush. since then the itching/irritation/tingling has got worse. the sores are healing slowly but still visible, and i noticed thick white discharge. image

i dont know if this is genital herpes or thrush or both. 3 weeks ago i had similar irriation but worse, and i had a patch of sore skin that was peeling and red (look at previous post for more info) I thought it might be herpes so went to get tested still waiting on results. the doctor said it looked a bit like thrush and gave me a pessary which helped but it took a whole week for my symptoms to

clear completely. its been less than two weeks since then and its back, my period is due and i dont know if its triggering herpes/thrush. please help! I'm going to ring the clinic on monday to chase after my results and see if theyll see me again and do another swab if the sores havent fully healed.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

The cuts seem to be healing but the tingling/itching sensation is still there. please help

• Edited

can be thrush if itching present too. sometimes tingling with thrush too i used to get that was more of an anxiety thing when i thought about it. let us know ur results. cuts painful? how ling have they been there?

• Posted

thank you so much for getting back to me! i noticed the cuts 3 days ago. they sting a bit if i wipe hard or stretch the skin but now that its kinda healed it doesnt hurt. the tingling gets worse the more i think about it but it doesnt keep me up at night or wake me up in the morning. I have been super anxious about it especially because they never looked like typical herpes blisters/sores, i keep thinking it might be an atypical herpes presentation.

Will update with any changes/ results.

• Posted

herpes usually would heal that quicky. have they healed completely?

• Posted

yes its completely healed now though the skin appears lighter than before. Did you mean to say that herpes would or wouldnt heal that quickly ?

• Edited

woudlnt i meant. minimum is 4 days but that is kind of rare for a first outbreak. have your results not come back yet? and did ur doctor say it could be herpes?

• Posted

just got results from 3 weeks ago - it was positive for thrush but the herpes swab was negative ( though the skin had healed so not very reliable. ) Also it looked completely different last time image, and Last time it healed even quicker. the doctor said it could be herpes though it didnt really look like it and it looked more like it was due to shaving, and the tingling/irritation was mainly internal and she said it looked like thrush (which she was right about as swab was positive for thrush). also last time I didnt have tingling around my bottom and on my thighs and down my legs which i have now. I have an appointment for friday though not sure how useful that will be unless i develop new sores that they can swab. But i will show them the pictures and see what they think.

• Edited

i think if you have thrush that pretty much explains your symptoms. perhaps go back but i dont think herpes would heal as quickly as yours are healing. how long after sex did you experience symptoms? any flu symptoms? i think your are fine i do get tingling in vagina when i get thrush usually gets worse more i think about it. i think if ut little sores are healed but still getting itching discharge etc then it is thrush as once sorrs heals it is 'end' of ur outbreak if u get me. it doesnt sound like herpes to me, could u get a blood test for it? the fact thrush was positive is a good sign that it is just thrush, altho u can get boyh at same time it sounds more like thrush

• Edited

it dorsnt make sense that it healed quicker on ur 'first outbreak' also as they are usually the worst. is it ver painful as herpe is known to be very painful

• Posted

it was about 5 days after having unprotected sex, the symptoms started mid way through my period. i didnt have any flu symptoms just the vaginal itching and irritation (my vagina was very red) and the little red patch which i noticed after shaving. I had a bit of irritation on my thighs (felt like chaffing but the skin wasnt actually red or anything). its quite similar to the feeling i have in my thighs now but i also feel it under my bum cheeks and it sometimes spreads down the back of my legs to my calves.

• Posted

and u really think it is herpes? seems very mild. i still point towards yeast infection in my personal opinion, especially since you are positive for yeast infection test.

• Posted

whats worrying me the most is the itching/burning/tingling around my thighs and under my bum. its just not going away and I dont know what else would cause it. ive been moisturizing religiously in case its dry skin but its not helping. im not having any irritation or itching in or around my vagina so i think the yeast has cleared.

• Posted

if u dont have sores on ur legs or bum or they dont develop i dont see cause for concern. does it get worse the more u think about it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.