Is this genital herpes? pictures included,

Posted , 4 users are following.

I slept with my new partner for the first time 13/2/18. The day after spots appeared and now 5 days later this is what they look like. im so scared and want to know how this is gonna change my life forever.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Just wanted to add they're very painful like even just to sit down its so painful And hurts when I wee

• Posted

It would be very unusual for herpes symptoms to appear so soon, so those may be something else, but you should get definitely checked out.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.  Some clinics are open on Sundays.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

• Edited

Hang in there, the pain will soon pass but I would just advise you to go in to see your doctor because they can give you meds to help heal it and prevent outbreaks in the future if it is herpes. I don’t wanna diagnose you but I hope all is well and keep us updated. Did you mention this to your new partner? Did he perform oral on you?
  • Edited

Katie did you get tested after your last sexual partner? I agree with the others. It would best to get those spots tested via swab test. Otherwise blood test I would think it would be too soon. But you might find it out of if you were exposed to herpes prior to this encounter. 
    • Posted

Yes I always get tested after every sexual partner. I've never had anything like this and it's still hurting. I haven't been able to get an appointment at the doctors and I'm very I'll so can't really leave the house. I've also started my period now.

• Edited

Like I said it feels like the reaction to a recent exposure doesn’t fit the time line usually takes a bit longer for symptoms to occur. Your reaction seems like it was almost immediately. Do you remember if the spots had white, yellow, or clear liquid in them? White or yellow I would associate with some type of skin issue like acne, boils, contact dermatitis or folliculitis. If they had clear liquid then there is a  potential that you’re dealing with herpes. And if you do have herpes you asked how would this change your life? Well as you know there isn’t a cure just treatments to help with outbreaks. From what I gathered the first one is the worst and the symptoms suppose to lessen as times goes on. You will have these outbreaks from time to time. There are people that get no symptoms for years, it really depends on the person. And there is a bunch of variables that would cause or trigger the outbreaks. If you do have herpes your doctor will perscribe medication for you to suppress the virus and  lessen the symptoms duration. You will have to learn to know your body and be aware of when you’ll be having outbreaks and when you actually have them. Hmm if you have any more questions feel free to ask. I’m sorry that you’re going through this difficult time. Keep us posted with how things go with you. You’re not alone. 
    • Posted

If you're so ill that it's difficult to leave the house, you should consider going to A&E (that's ER if you're in north America).  If you're in the UK, you could also go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.  They aim to offer appointments within 48 hours, and many clinics do walk in appointments

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.