Is this genital herpes? Please respond, I'm freaking out.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had sex with this girl around August 20th. Just last friday (9/21) as I got back from the gym, I noticed this round bubble like thing on my penile shaft. It wasn't small, in fact it was decent sized, and it was by itself.

I waited till the next day, and noticed it had puss inside, so I ruled it out being a wart. It was either a pimple or a herpes sore. It was very firm and hard to the touch. I only felt a little pain when I pushed down on it with a finger. It didn't itch or hurt normally.

Over the weekend, I got impatient waiting to call the doctor, and I popped it. The puss came out (along with a little bit of blood), and the bubble flattened.

It's been over a week since then, however it looks as if the place where the bubble was has scarred? It's flat now, but it looks like a pink colored flesh scar you would see elsewhere on your body.

So far, no other bubbles have popped up. The scar doesn't hurt or itch, and I urinate normally without pain.

Is this herpes? Or was it just a pimple? I looked online, and they said you shouldn't pop genital pimples since it could possibly scar, but it's too late for that now. I will be fine if it is simply a scar, and not an STD.

If it helps, before the bubble popped up, I went to the gym multiple days before, and didn't shower because of depression. I remember peeing at the gym on thursday and didn't notice anything. Then a day later it seems to of appeared out of nowhere.

I didn't tell the girl, but I did ask her when's the last time she got tested. She actually told me that she got an STD test AFTER we had sex because she was worried about the same thing, and she said she came up clean on everything. So I don't know if she was lying, or telling the truth, and I just got a pimple from not being clean.

Can someone please help me? I got blood drawn today for an STD test, but I won't get the results back for another week.

(P.S. I don't have any pictures of what the bubble unfortunately, just the aftermath. Also, I went down on this girl, so if it was herpes, shouldn't I have it on my mouth as well?)

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a pimple or cyst that got infected to me.  Honestly from what I’ve read about herpes it is pretty painful. 
    • Posted

Yeah it was pretty painless.

What about the mark? Do you think it will go away, or is it a permanent scar? Should I of not popped it?

To be fair, I didn't even give it a week, I panicked and popped the bubble within like 3 days.

• Posted

It's most likely Molluscum Contagiosum. If it appears, just pop and immediately wash with soap. Also use a separate towel to dry that area. It can easily spread.

• Posted

Looking at the pictures of Molluscum Contagiosum, I don't think it was that. Those bumps are very dark and small. This one was decent sized, with a white tip, and kinda red.

• Posted

I would say syphillis. Ironic since i think i have the same but definitley use protection during sex and if you do come up with something the girl may be lying to you about her not having any std. More then likely you dont have herpes
    • Posted

Also if you do have syphillis the doc will prescribe a anti biotic and kill it. Keep watch on your johnson and take note of anything weird happening so you can talk to the doc about it
    • Posted

Is syphillis life long? Or can it be cured? I will definitely start using protection after this experience. Also, will the mark go away? Is it a scar?
    • Posted

On another side note, I googled pictures of syphilis and they didn't look similar. It appears that syphilis leaves craters more that protruding bubbles.

This thing was literally around pea size. It was almost perfectly round, a little red, with a white tip.

• Posted

I'm starting to think it was just an infected pimple/cyst.

However, no matter what it is, can someone tell me if its possible to get rid of this scar? Or whatever this spot is?

• Posted

It’s not herpes. 

Herpes come in clusters 

• Posted

It looks to me like either a single breakout of a blocked pore / Folliculitis type thing  after the sweat at the gym or single breakout of HSV-1 or HSV-2 herpes simplex virus - more likley HSV-1. You may not have any pain - I didn't yet test came back as HSV-1 positive for mine.

For HSV keep it absolutely dry and isolated and with time it will go. The scar will fade and be gone by 6 months. If you have a sun tan (naturist/nude sunbathing) the new replacement skin won't have that tan so it will take more time to blend in but will disappear with time. 

As it can be passed on by towels etc it can probably be passed no via still warm toilet seats say if you touched the seat and then touch your penis. I believe that's how I got mine. Is it where you would place your thumb or finger when holding penis for a pee? As that's a clue.

Hopefully it's just a a single breakout of a blocked pore / Folliculitis.

Always get it checked out professionally as you are doing via testing etc - and get it checked out via a doctor.

Let us know how you get on and what it is if you find out.

• Posted

Okay, first hsv 1 is mouth herpes like the cold sores, literally everyone has them.

You can’t get herpes by sharing a towel or sitting on a toilet seat after someone who has it. Come on now, stop spreading false information unless you know your facts. 

HSV1 can ONLY be passed by kissing. 

HSV2 which is genital herpes, you can only get through sexual contact. 

That is the only way of catching it. Not towels or toilet seats. 

Please know what you’re talking about before trying to spread false information to others. 

Thanks 

• Posted

Thank you for that clarification! Started worrying for a sec.
  • Posted

UPDATE GUYS:

It's been about a week, and I just noticed that in the center of the scar, I can see a black dot. It looks as if it could be a hair follicle. Maybe it was an infected follicle after all? I'm still gonna keep a close eye on it until I get my test results back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.