Is this Genital warts or just ingrown hair pimples ?! Please help

Posted , 8 users are following.

I recently got these pinkish bumps on my pubic hair area and I’m scared that they are genital warts. I’m a male and the last time I had unprotected sex was in March. I’ve been fine this whole time but last week a couple days after I shaved, I got these weird bumps. They don’t hurt, burn nor itch. I feel totally fine and there’s NONE on the actual penis. They’re all in the area where the pubic hair grows. I had 1 before and I popped it and it came back which is the biggest and most noticeable one. Can someone please tell me what’s going on I’m scared 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Allen

Firstly, if you can pop it, it isn't a wart. That points to them being shaving rash.

It is possible to pick up warts despite using a condom, particularly in an area like that which wouldn't be covered anyway. So if you've had more recent covered sex with someone with warts that could be a source.

If I were in your shoes I would wait a week or so. If its shaving rash or similar they should begin to clear up. Warts wont clear up so if they arn't going on their own you will need a visit to the clinic to get them treated.

While you wait avoid sex. Warts are very contagious

Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Thanks. Were you able to tell any signs based off the picture I attached tho ?
  • Posted

When I had warts some years ago they did look small white and raised like your pictures. Mine were on the shaft of my penis though.
    • Posted

mark , since treatment have your warts returned at all? and how long did it take for them to grow?

• Posted

Razor bumps. That's what those look like to me.

• Posted

what is thiss im scared as hell

• Posted

Hello John, from my perspective... you have shaved your pubic hair very short. your pubic hair tends to be thicker then the rest of your body hair. When it is shaved it tends to curl under the skin causing inflation to your skin... It's most likely that you have pimples. Also keep in mind that pubic hair is a guard from STD's. If you start feeling burning from your area, you should contact your physician.

• Posted

Allen, from your photos it looks quite clear to me that with the ammount and texture of those bumps you have Molluscum Contagiosum, usually effects the pubis region, and like GW takes usually 3-6 months to develop.

• Posted

I as well have a question about some bumps on my shaft/crotch area. I got these months ago and they have not disappeared. And i want to know what they are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.