Is this gerd?

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the past 4 weeks I've been having this issue where it feels as though something is stuck in my esophogues and when breathing I get a burning sensation in my throat. I have been taking omaprazel every day but it's like some days it's good and some days it's terrible. Does this sound right to anyone? I don't have problems eating or drinking. I need advice.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

At first for me it was like that but I also felt discomfort in my stomach mostly the top of my stomach. If it gets worse when you lay down then it's possible. But it would be best to go see a gastro doc especially if you notice it gets worse. There were times where I did feel like food was stuck in my throat I would drink water and nothing it still felt like something was there.

• Posted

my only symptom of reflux wwas severe chest pains radiating to between my shoulderds blades and feeling of trapped gas in my chest. ...went to gastro..had endoscopy ...showed GERD ,esophagitis, Barretts esophagus, chronic  gastritis, put on few different meds including ppi (rabezprazel) (dosage 2x daily) domperidone, Duspatalin retarde, Fixit  and others i cant remember.

so get endoscopy done to see what u have and what meds u should be on

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

Yes it is GERD symptoms. you might be having bowel issues as well. 

This is due to indigestion & acid forming in your stomach. Since the acid did not have any passage to go out it is coming back through the one way pipe, which makes burning / lump like issue in esophogues. Since you have the feeling is just for 4 weeks, it will not any issue and you will not find anything in endoscopy. So it is not required at this time.

To get rid of this, you got to follow diet with easy digestable food & digestive enzymes especially dinner & bf. Dinner & sleeping time should be atleast 1-2hr gap present. Avoid dairy food for some period.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks Rihanna, seems your inputs are helping me. i see the improvement with my stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.