is this GERD?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I do suffer from anxiety and I am on 10 mg of lexapro. But this weekend I did something stupid on Sunday. I took a banana and was in such a rush a piece of it went down my throat whole. I was like oh s**t and then after I kept feeling a lump there. I tried drinking a bunch of water, and it was okay but then I really started to panic around night.

• So I went to my dr yesterday she tested me for strep and said its not strep. and that it was my anxiety

but alot of my symptoms match up with GERD. like I've had these symptoms before minus the throat tightness from anxiety..

I took a tums this morning and I feel better this AM but I'm wondering who else has had this and if it ever went away? Its annoying. When i dont think about it it goes away BUT when I focus on my throat and the lump, its apparent.

I get invisalign today too so I was freaking out about that as well.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Which symptoms exactly are you talking about?

You mention only "the lump".

Sometimes when we hurt esophagus it takes some time for it to heal and for the sensation to go away.

Sometimes GERD can present itself as a tightness in chest, pain between ribs etc. which is similar to the feeling we have when the adrenaline hits us (anxiety attacks).

• Posted

Try not focusing on your throat and take your antacids since that helps your symptoms to go away. It sounds like your anxiety is triggering your problems.What is invisalign?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.