Is this Gerd and will it go away

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi everyone

I'm suffering right now with horrid symptoms such as

: upper stomach feels sore dull cramps

: Stright after I eat anything the food or gas or air comes up into my throat just were the throat meets the chest , I cant taste any acid or liquid it's a sensation of fullness or pressure absolutely any food will cause this and this feeling can last for 5 hours even starts when my stomach is empty.

This all started 4 days ago out of nowhere which I find bizarre

I eat healthy and dont drink alcohol or take drugs Except

I take aspirin daily due to chronic migraines so I take up to 2500mg of aspirin daily for the last 10 months .. terrible I know .

i have seen a doctor and she has said its gerd yet i dont have the common symptoms listed

she told me lower the aspirin to 1000mg a day combined with paracetamol daily and she told me i had to take somac a ppi 40mg daily .

I'm terrified that I've wreaked my stomach from the aspirin and I'll never be ok again , i have completely stopped aspirin and have been only talking paracetamol.

my questions are if I just stop the aspirin do I still need to take somac ?

can my stomach heal ?

pleas any help would be greatly appreciated I'm really panicking

ps the reason why I dont want to take ppi is because I have so many allergies I'm frightened that on allergic to it .. I have health anxiety 😔

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi allison. your doctor should send you for an endescopy to see whats going on

• Posted

hi thanks for replying

I seen my doctor today and shes sending me for a xray while I'm swallowing

• Posted

Allison, please schedule an appointment with your GP as soon as possible, with a view to scheduling an Endoscopy to fully evaluate the condition of your stomach. Usual disclaimer, not a medic, but this is a personal opinion, the symptoms you are describing could relate to severe gastritis or gastric ulcers.

I due to a blood disorder had to take Aspirin at 75 mg per day, and did so with medical supervision, and became very unwell, suddenly. Endoscopy revealed ulcers, treatment was 8 weeks on a Proton Pump Inhibitor. Do not self medicate, or self diagnose, you need to a doctor.

• Posted

Hi.

I'm not a doctor or medical practitioner but I do have a range of gastric problems. One of the things I had to do was stop taking Naproxen because NSAIDS can cause gastritis or make it worse. I have Migraine and Lupus so having to stop taking the anti inflammatory medication was a blow but it was that or end up with more gastric problems. Not an easy choice.

PPI treatment is offered to calm down gastritis, heal ulcers and yes it does have it's own set of side effects. It's individual choice to take it or not.

Maybe you should talk it through more with the doctor. We are all patients on the forum so not able to offer medical advice. Hope you can get the medical guidance to get the best treatment.

• Posted

I would stay on PPI medication if I was you and ask your doctor to send you for Scope to see what's going on they can heal you in the mean time hope this helps you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.