Posted , 7 users are following.
I have been having throat issues for the last 8 months which my GP led me to believe was acid reflux. Have since tried loads of remedies none really helping. Last week had an upper endoscopy examining esophagus and stomach and it was absolutely clear... the doctor suggested it might be globus but didn't give me any answers on how to fix it.... So here are the some of the issues I have
1. Tight feeling in throat that comes randomly.
2. Not at all related to eating (doesn't happen after eating) if anything eating/drinking soothes it.
3. Gets worse as the day goes on (never a problem first thing) peaks around 6-7pm.
4. When I get it nothing relieves it. It's not painful just annoying. Always better in the morning.
5. Can be fine for days at a time.
6. Often makes me want to swallow more frequently than normal.
7. When at worst feels like holding back from crying.
When I look into my throat in the mirror, if I can get my tongue low enough I am sure I can see some white/greyish patches down my throat towards the left (where it sometimes feels dry and makes me want to swallow) but I guess the endoscopy should have picked up if this was a problem? Or one of the two gp's that looked into my throat before that.
The only thing I have wondered that could be related is sometimes if I drink a lot of alcohol at the weekend I tend to get this feeling more on a Monday or Tuesday - so 24-48 hours AFTER having any alcohol, which makes me wonder if it can still be related? I never get it when drinking alcohol or shortly after.
I can be a worrier but I don't really have anxiety. I have a stress free job and a relaxed lifestyle so I don't see why this would be stress related.
Anyone have similar issues?
0 likes, 14 replies