Is this globus sensation?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. Firstly I feel like I need to confess... I suffer from health anxiety and this is just one of many symptoms that have come my way over the past couple of years.

This is a feeling of something stuck at the back of my throat. Like a popcorn husk or an oat. It's to the left side only, right at the back of my throat. I've had it for 4 weeks so far. I can eat and drink normally, in fact eating temporarily relieves it. Also I can be without the sensation for the 1st hour of the day and then once it comes it stays all day. It doesn't hurt to swallow, although I have recently developed a sore throat in the last 3 days. My GP was less than helpful and thought perhaps it was tonsil stones but I've poked and prodded until I've nearly been sick and I can't see or feel anything there. I've gargled and coughed and tried gaviscon and piriton and nothing has helped. Has anyone else experienced this? Especially with it being one sided??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hey!! it sounds like globus i have the same thing it started every other day and then out of no where it was constaintly there ive searched every where for answers as its scary doctors gave me anxiety tablets that made me feel really ill so stopped them now they have said it could be silent acid reflux but im not sure they have given me some tablets to reduce the acid in my stomach and it has gone away a bit but not completly i refuse to beleave the doctor cant fond out what it is im also pretty new to this sensation its so horrible tipping my chin in to my chest helps or gargaling water dont drink tea or smoke it makes it worse and swollowing loads of times with out fluid makes you feel it more!! get a referral to ent chick x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. My sore throat is really bad now and my actual neck is aching,like it's tense. And I've still got the lumpy, scratchy feeling at the back, left hand side of my throat, by where I think my tonsil is. My throat feels dry and I'm swallowing a lot of mucous at times. Uhh, it's so miserable. I'm going to try and see the GP again this week. X

• Posted

aww its so horrible some night i cant sleep cause of it but i get good days where i dont feel it i just hope it all goes away for you as its not nice but the more you focus or think about it the more it will be there xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.