Is this h pylori? PLEASE HELP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I'm 22 year old male seeking comfort this is my first time posting on this fourm, about 3 weeks about i started to feel abdominal/stomach pain lost all of appetite i lost about 8-6 pounds I weighed 168-166 lbs before I got sick and when I got weighed at the doctors I was at 160, felt fatigued, and felt nauseas along with throwing up stomach bile, I couldn't hold food down. So after a week of feeling terrible I made an appointment to see my doctor I explained what was going on and he took a urin sample told me my body was in stavation mode and he also prescribed me some omerprazol 2 times a day and that helped tremendously in the mornings when I would wake up that is when I felt most nasues and would actually throw up, after I took the medicine about 30 minutes later I felt better and I could put down a smoothy with bannas,Greek yogurt,almond butter,kale ect to get some calories in because eating food was just hard to eat. and then around 3 or 4 in the afternoon I would start to feel nauseas again and take the operrazol and I would help get rid of the nauses feeling and I could put down another smoothly at the end of the day I felt like I could put down a real meal so I would eat soup of some sort of beans. About a week and half went by but I still wasn't feeling much better the omperzol was helping with the nausea but I felt It wasn't fixing the problem because every day it would be the same cycle, wake up, use the bathroom my stool would be loose not exactly diahrriah and then the feeling of nauses would start and even throw up, take operrazol feel a little better but still felt fatigued,And abdominal/stomach ache,just a gross feeling through out the day, I also noticed a gurgling feeling/noise coming from my stomach when I'm on an empty stomach or when I eat i woke up this morning and couldn't fall back asleep because it kept gurgling. I'm usually an active person I like to work out and go out but lately I've not been to the gym or wanted to go out at all because of how I'm feeling. All I'm asking is does this sound h pylori??? I visted my doctor again yesterday and he took blood work and also to check for h pylori, but said he won't get the results for 3 days. I just want to know what has me feeling like this and if anyone has experienced these symptoms aswell?! I feel so miserable! I can't live my life like this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had gone through that cycle too almost 3 years back. I got an endoscopy done to find out what's actually causing the problem. The procedure takes around 1 min but it's little discomforting . I would highly recommend you ask your GP. 

• Posted

It was just a minor infection. Nothing serious. But caused a lot of discomfort. 

Doing Endoscopy woulf be advantageous as they will be able to see right in your stomach, what's wrong. I don't believe it should be serious as you don't have any blood in your stools.

Endosclpy is worthy doing. Are u in the UK? Or Europe ? 

H.pylori - they do a blood test for that. 

• Posted

I'm not I live in the US. But yes I had a blood test done yesterday doctor just said it would be a couple of day before getting the results back. I'm just sick of feeling like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.