Is this heart palpitations or something else

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 and half months ago i woke up in the morning with a racing heart beat 180 bpm n felt faint with chest pressure and shortness of breath. I called the ambulance went to ER and they said it was due to two weeks of heavy drinking and mdma and cocaine(first time use). The ecg and blood test were normal. since that i have stoped drinking and eating unhealthy food. i lost 25 lbs dropped my chelsetrol which was high and my liver functiona are also back to normal which were high as well. also since that day i been to the hospital three times seen my cardiologist and been hooke up to a holt monitor and an event monitor and everythings been normal. 

My symptoms i get left chest pressure, back pain, nasauea, light headed, pinched nerve feeling in my left arm and shoulder most of times without chest pressure. 

Sometimes feels like my left arm has a pinched nerve, feel week and its due to palpitations. my heart is at a normal heartrate but i dont kno why i feel like its beating harder or skipping a beat and its causing these symptoms.

i also been diagnosed with gerd as well..

Just want someones opinion if this is due to a heart problem, anxiety or gerd.

now im won

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi my name is mark first of all don't take the cocaine any more. Your symptoms sound so much like mine and mine are coursed by anxiety. Anxiety can make you feel very ill even though there is nothing wrong try and relax and not think about your heart ( I know easier said than done) I suffer from skipped beats palpations high heart rate low heart rate chest pain arm pain numb arms and hands i get breathless lightheaded and it's all down to anxiety I have had all the test you can think of and spent many nights in hospital and told every time it's anxiety.  When this attacks happen it's hard to believe there is nothing wrong with your heart but I have had this for 6 years now and I am still alive. . Keep strong 
    • Posted

hi just wondering if you ever felt nerve pinch feeling in your left arm and pain in the left hand and also tenderness in your left rib under your armpit. Just wondering if thats due to heart or anxiety or just a pinched nerve or something like that.
  • Posted

I would say you had a bad experience after taking drugs, that has stayed in the back of your mind, so you may be experiencing anxiety attacks?.

You would be surprised what the body can make you think there are all sorts of things wrong with it during an anxiety attack , but I would suggest if your not happy to go and get a second opinion ?.  C

• Posted

No to pinch nerve pain but I do get pains in my arms if you can press on a area and get the pain it's not coming from the arm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.