Is this hemorrhoids or skin tags?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey there. I'm a 35 yo male and 2 months ago I had a rubber band ligation done on an internal hemorrhoid I've had for a couple of years that wouldn't go away. After the procedure the hemorrhoid had shrunk within afew days and everything felt/ looked like normal. Despite eating more fiber and drinking more liquids, about a week and half after the procedure I got sick with diarrhea and felt like I had another flare up of hemorrhoids. For the next 4 weeks or so I was sore around my anal area with swelling. This time it was different from when I had my previous hemorrhoid. My previous hemorrhoid would pop out whenever I had a bowel movement and I would be able to push it back in and it would stay in until my next bowel movement. This time it feels like it's attached to the outer part of my anus and buldges back out when I try to push I back in. The pain has subsided and I almost don't feel anything there but it does look very unsightly. I have to wait another month for a follow up appointment but in the mean time would like to know what this could possibly be? An external hemorrhoid or skin tags? Would I require surgery to have this removed? Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.