Is this Herpes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My lips have been acting strange lately. On Monday I noticed aome redness and soreness but i assumed it was from me accidentally biting myself or some other trauma. It is now Friday and it hasn't really healed. It's just red and has a bump and I'm beginning to worry it's herpes. Also the corners of my lips cracked but they are healed now. Here is a picture https://imgur.com/a/BZhap

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sores on your lip look like canker sores, not cold sores. Besides redness, do you have any symptoms such as burning, itching or pain 
    • Posted

Blisters with tingling, burning and itching sensations appear on my lower lip, do I have cold sores? does my partner give the virus to me???? last week, I and my partner had unprotected oral sex. 
    • Posted

Your symptoms sound like oral herpes. Your partner may spread the virus to you. However, you can have cold sores by yourself (because the virus doesn't show up symptoms, many people have had the virus without knowing). Both of you should get tested to know the exactly results. If you have cold sores by yourself, your partner also has risk of contracting genital herpes. Herpes infection is a common, millions of people get it, so you shouldn't be worried. Antiviral treatment will help you 

• Posted

But i've heard that there is no cure for herpes 

• Posted

You're right, there's no cure for herpes, but antiviral treatment helps relieve herpes symptoms and prevent the virus from coming back. So, if you're diagnosed with herpes, you doctor may give you prosurx, acyclovir, valtrex or lysine. These are effective to treat and prevent herpes outbreaks. So, you should get tesed fast and seek proper treatments

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.