Is this herpes?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive have this rash for about a week now, I went to a gynecologist the other day and she said it looked like contact dermatitis, but now there's bumps and it looks like herpes to me. image

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

herpes

• Posted

I get a rash that looks just like this on my wrist occasionally. It's only been a week since I had sex. Still waiting on results.

• Posted

from that photo; in your genital region, it is spot on herpes. did you have any feeling/sensation at the spot pre rash ?

• Posted

I heard some people get a tingly sensation, but I didn't, this particular spot wasn't itchy beforehand but it was red. The rest of my vulva is still itchy all over, and the skin peeled from the rash and is healing still.

• Posted

you can watch and see; but that does look every bit of herpes. tingle and burning flu symptom often come with herpes. but not always. you can get a swab test, if passing and scab (prob H or HPV.You can wait and see if returns. do not panic, buy expensive drugs. severe rash no more. no end of world

• Posted

yes... rightfully so. watch it, if comes back refrain from any adult activity. i see every day in ER.

• Posted

Did you read her previous post? I would not be so sure that these are herpes. Herpes caused peeling skin comes after the blisters have shown up but this case is vice-versa. I would agree to her doctor - this is nothing else than contact dermatitis caused by rubbing skin too hard with stubbles.

• Posted

Sort of like a light sunburn

• Posted

Start to worry only if there are open sores, pain when you pee or unusual vaginal discharge. Do you have any of these symptoms? Otherwise don't worry because this looks exactly like a physical irritant contact dermatitis. The key determinative symptoms are peeling skin before the blisters and that there are no open sores.

• Posted

Update: I have a fungal and bacteria infection. Gynecologist told me it's too early to blood test for herpes and since I have no sores she can't swap test. Here's the results of the swab overallimage

• Posted

Hey i was wondering if i have the same thing because mines is just a regular itch thats tolerable and that it but it look very similar to the picture

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.