Is this herpes?

Posted , 6 users are following.

sigh. is this herpes? ive been tested 3 times for it and theyve all come back negative, but i recently quit my birth control (its been 2-3 weeks now) and weird things have been happening to my vagina since, including this that just popped up randomly last night. ive had unprotected sex with one person a month ago but 2-3 weeks after that i got tested for herpes by blood and it was negative, but maybe it was too soon? could getting off BC cause this, or is it herpes? this thing itches more than anything, it doesnt really burn to touch but its kind of like if you give in and scratch it itll start hurting/burning. But leaving it alone it mostly itches

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

u need to go back and have them swabbed whilst they are there they look like blisters

• Posted

ive tried to do the swab test last time because i had a bump that turned into an ulcer looking thing after i showered and washed it, but the swab test didnt work because there was no liquid or fliud. theres no fluid with this thing either so a swab test would be a waste of time again

• Posted

there doesnt necessarily need to be fluid if the blister turned to a ulcer they can swab that.

• Posted

i never had a blister before now. The ulcer came from a bump not a blister

• Posted

regardless as to whether or not they contain fluid its not normal for them to be on the vagina so u need to go back an see a doctor

• Posted

Hello, it was too soon for blood tests to give you accurate results as it can take up to 16 weeks, even 6 months, for your body to show antibodies IF you have herpes.

get it swab ASAP and do IGG blood test at 12 weeks and/or 16 weeks & if negative retest again at 6 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.