Is this Herpes ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

These red marks have appeared on my penis and shaft seem to come and go. Sometimes there will be a slight itch. i received unproteced oral from a girl i met about 3 weeks ago .. Also around 2weeks ago i noticed the skin was dry on penis head and also i believe smegma the white moist stuff under forskin appeared which i removed with a cloth.

They dissapear sometimes totally.

I have had a full sti screening with blood and urine tests which all came back negative but the doctor is still telling me its likely to be HSV2 ?

Please im really worried about this image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, has your doctor suggested your disorder to be balanitis? It looks and sounds more like a yeast infection (dry pealing skin, itching, redness, smegma). The only way to get rid of fungus is to apply antifungal (jock itch ointment). Coconut oil, bath with apple cider vinegar or baking soda also have antifungal properties.

• Posted

I actually said this to the doctor but be was quite arrogant and wouldnt even entertain the idea of balantis . I have a litte bit of a rash in the groin now also but not really itchy much. He went and presribed me the high dose of Vaclovir even though the test is negative

• Posted

I don't like to contradict doctors because they are experts and I'm not a health professional. But if you have no open sores and you tested negative, this is not really conclusive. HSV usually has different stages. Outbreaks can be very mild but if the symptoms come and go, it's not very typical. I don't think it will cause any harm to try some antifungal. I understand how this is very frustrating for you.

• Posted

Thank you i will try these anti fungal things today.

Neither do i like to contradict them .. but this young doctor really doesnt know what it is so hes just prescribed me these medications to essentially diagnose me

• Edited

Sometimes they go away completely. Have no sores and no other symtoms of herpes at all. I feel fine.

Also about 3months i ago i had an operation to remove a cyst on my jaw and basically did 2weeks of antibiotics which i really felt i didnt recover well from

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.