Is this herpes ? I assume so but ???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there.

I have already gone to the doctor and gotten swabbed. negative for the usual suspects but they said it would be about 2 weeks for the hsv swab to come back. obviously going a little crazy waiting 2 WEEKS ??

anyway 1 week ago I tore my perineum during sex It burned to pee of course so I went to apply polysporin to the tear and noticed a scratch beside it on my labia majora it looked pretty clear like scratches I even thought to myself shoot my sharp nails must have scratched while I pulled the skin. almost like a shaving cut.

anyway next day I got paranoid so I looked again and the 2 cuts were now a bump with the cut on top looked like a bite but I obviously know it's not

no blister no fluid no pus just looked like a swollen tear

freaked out. called my doctor she saw me 2 days later.

on visual she said absolutely not. clear perineum tear and the bump looked like irritation

I showed her the pictures I had taken and she says oh well based on your picture it looks like it.

so what the heck!

yes in picture no in person

symptoms I had a 1 day fever 2 weeks before with tonsillitis ( or insane sore throat ) took antibiotics thought I got a yeast infection took canesten felt better 3 days later

10 days later I have sex with my usual partner and then 3 days after that I have the scratches

if I do have it I feel lucky to have 2 bumps as an initial outbreak ... and hope they always stay this minimal.

obviously hoping it is legitimately a scratch from pulling my skin so much to apply polysporin and then my herpes paranoia.

sorry for the long post

I also solemnly swear to post results when they come in. it's annoying seeing similar pictures and not knowing the results so I promise imageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it's very hard to tell. I would like to rule it out for you but really only the swab can confirm because it could be anything. stay strong!

• Edited

update the bumps were completely gone about a week later. I had protected sex and the next day I had the exact symptoms over again. literally the next morning. swelling redness hot burning hootiehaw feels much more like an allergy than yeast infection allergy to what ? penis? good lord.

anyway I looked today and I have 2 scratches again that are starting to bump over like before.

could I seriously have an outbreak again the day after sex3 weeks later ?with 2 mini scratches ?

health Canada has still not come back with my results so here we are panicking

will update with results when I have them whenever that is

• Posted

just as an update again..

they lost my test results.

My doctor said they followed up with public health Canada and they never received my swabs.

words can't describe my frustration since you can't be certain without swabs from a sore

I'm getting these new tears swabbed on Monday as a last try but they clearly look like tears in the skin nothing like the bumps from 2 weeks ago

so frustrated and upset

• Posted

I understand your frustration but let's remain positive. It didn't really looked like herpes sores. Hang in there!

• Posted

just as an update my swab results were positive after a third outbreak in 6 weeks

my lesions looked different every time I never itched or burned. my only symptoms were the first time and only 3 weeks prior to lesions showing up which confused 3 different doctors.

so if you're looking at pictures trying to compare your outbreak just go get tested for your sake

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.