is this herpes???? I got tested for HSV a week or so after this breakout but the HSV2 was negative.

Posted , 12 users are following.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

it looks like herpes

• Posted

Wow i had got tested for HSV2 bloodtest like a week after and it came back negative. I havent had a breakout since September but i did have a few sores i recently did a swab test, im nervous to see my results sad face

• Posted

blood results (Serology testing) will be negative for the virus if done too soon.. Planned parenthood told me that if I get tested without a breakout testing, that my results could be incorrect up to 8 weeks after exposure without having outbreaks or open lesions to swab. thats just my experience though.

• Posted

well if i was exposed to it early idk ive been having sex with the same guy for five years and hes been tested and every time his results negative and he never had a breakout. but he has had hemmorioids whatever its called, is that a breakout?

• Edited

hi, how long after a sexual encounter did you get bloods? it an take up to 3 months for you to produce antibodies... swab is more accurate. Let us know hoe you get on , take care x

• Posted

i had a ex that i was with for years never had this problem. he was the only one i was sleeping with. even three months before the breakout, i had the breakout in september got blood test a week after. if it is herpes it was something i had to been have because i was always with my ex. so is it possible for the results to be wrong even after the breakout? its no antibodies during a breakout?

• Posted

how long did it take your blood test results to come back?

• Edited

was it a IGM or IgG Blood test do you know? i believe the igg are more accurate but you are supposed to wait 12 weeks from last sexual evounter to do this test? the reason i ask is my blisters looked very similar to yours, 5 months down the line im still not sure as my blood tests keep fluctuating! i had a negative result at 8 weeks then a barely positive result at 19 weeks.

• Posted

it was IGG test , i heard the IGM was more accurate .. but im hearing different stories. but it was negative. i get bad bad yeast infections they are thinking thats what caused the breakout but i got swabs last thursday waiting for those results hoping and praying for another negative result. i am going to take another test after my swab test results come back. idk what you mean by last sexual encounter, i have sex a lot .

• Edited

please let us know your results when they come in. fingers crossed it was just relating to a yeast infection!! did your blisters burst at all? mine didnt! very confusing

• Posted

thank you. soon as i get results i will keep you updated. this has been a stressful time and im ready to feel like myself again. they didnt really hurt not that i can remember just felt like regular bumps like ingrown hair bumps.

• Edited

did they start off as bumps ? or appear as that im experiencing the same thing im so worried

• Posted

sorry for the late response. i had just woke up one morning and they were there. the doctor said it could be sores from BV and back to back yeast infections.

• Posted

she said it could be yeast infection sores, if my ex had a infection and we had sex unprotectedly its likely ill have a breakout.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.