Is this herpes or any other type of STI?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

Recently had sex (end of April 2023) and about 2-3 weeks ago started noticing these on my penis. Not entirely uncommon for me, usually just use an antifungal cream (EloZart) for 2 days or so and they disappear. Never usually have any feeling associated with them either.

However this time around they did not go away after already using the antifungal cream for a week straight. Applied correct washing procedures and kept a close eye since starting to notice them. My penis head and scrotum itch for a bit each day since I have noticed them.

Does anyone have some insight on what this could be? Waiting for the general 'incubation period' to complete to get tested for a full range of STI's but also have been reading that a swab during infection might yield better results - pretty confused at the moment.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i see your glans look really red does it get more red after hott bath ?

• Posted

Yes hot showers and masturbating seems to irritate this more. It also makes it more itchy.

• Posted

alot of us have this same issue our glans just went a yellow bright red irritation worse with heat none of us really know what it is yet, did u get the covid boosters ?

• Posted

I had 2 Covid shots (original 2), no booster shots

• Posted

i have similar-see recent posts.

please keep us updated on sti results.

have been unable to find any infection...but symptoms remain are:

urethra discomfort (feels like pee stuck all the time)

split urine stream

redness on glans. worse w heat

• Posted

I have no urethra discomfort, itchiness on the head and balls is the only discomfort I really get, the redness or sores don't particularly have a feeling to them that I have noticed. However I am noticing that the things are starting to get itchy more often for a longer period of time than just an hour or so a day.

Will keep you updated as I find out more information.

• Posted

Pretty useless update : I have seen the doctor, who presumes it is balanitis/fungle infection. Prescribed me Travocort cream and Adco-Sporozole for a week. After a week the itching seems to be gone and these sores come and go on a daily basis... So no solution to offer from my side.

Also had full range STD test and everything came back negative except for herpes, but also not positive?? Will need to take another STD test in 3 months.

Ill report back if anything else unfolds within that time period, if my sores continue I will make another doctors appointment within the next 2 or so weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.