Is this herpes or could it be something else

Posted , 6 users are following.

I recently had unprotected sex with a partner I have had sex with before and who ensured me that he is clean. Shortly after I noticed a small boil-like bump on my inner thigh that I assumed was a result of irritation from rubbing against him. But a few days later I noticed another very large pimple like bump on my labia. Again, I assumed this was the result of irritation from rubbing or perhaps a result of having worn a wet bathing suit for an extended period of time that night. But then a few more days passed and I started feeling itching and burning sensations down there. The original pimple like bump seemed to be decreasing in size and maybe going away, so I thought the itch was it healing, but now I see some more red bumps in the labia minora and around the perenium. I know that these symptoms resemble genital herpes, but the appearance of the bumps do not match most of the photos I have seen. They are either skin colored or slightly red and appear more like pimples in the sense that they are sunken into the skin, not really elevated bubbles on top. However they are itchy and slightly painful when I walk or they rub on my clothes. I am wondering if there is any possible explanation for these symptoms that is not genital herpes? I am going to get tested as soon as I can (I did not think it necessary until over the weekend when the office was closed) but before I go I would like to be aware of some possible other infections or things that might be causing these symptoms? Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

All the replies have been deleted? What's going on!

• Posted

I have no idea, but I'd like to know too.

• Posted

All of Dr,kalam's posts seem to have been deleted.

• Posted

I feel he suggested medicines which is against the TnC of forum. I think so...
    • Posted

I'm pretty sure I didn't though, and at least one post of mine has also been deleted.

As far as I could tell, "Dr.kalam" did seem to be a real doctor, so it's a pity they're gone.

• Posted

Absolutely, he was a great help. Else we all are patients😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.