Is this herpes or genital warts..?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I noticed these bumps today and I've never had anything similar. My partner and I both got tested for sti's before being together and are sexually monogamous so we've been having unprotected sex for months, since I'm on birth control.

My doctor didn't recommend herpes testing when we got tested and I haven't been due for a pap smear in awhile so I'm incredibly nervous about those two things. I'm specifically worried about the small clusters of bumps right outside my vaginal opening on the bottom right and left.

I intend on making a Dr. appointment but Covid makes it harder to get in quickly, ty in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

its normal, the insides of vaginas are not typically smooth. i had the same scare a few months ago only to learn that its completely normal! no need to worry.

• Posted

I'm specifically worried about the cluster of bumps circled, I've read about vestibular papillomatosis but I don't know if it can just randomly form

• Edited

oh! yeah it looks like VP.

VP can form at any time for no particular reason.

if you are still worried try researching different ways you can test them to make sure they aren't warts because genital warts look similar to VP. There's some things you can do at home.

or of course visit your gyno for some peace of mind! i know this stuff can feel very scary.

• Posted

this is normal VP they appear and increase in size as we age and go through hormonal changes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.