Is this herpes or gonorrhea?

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I've had symptoms of herpes in the past week - the lymph nodes on my groin are slightly swollen, I've had a breakout of blisters around my perineum, and it's quite painful to pee. I contacted someone I had unprotected sex with from more than a year ago, and he said he got tested weeks after we had sex and got tested positive for gonorrhea only. I'm only finding out about this now. Could my condition be gonorrhea? Or both herpes and gonorrhea? I am very worried as my most recent sexual partner and I never had symptoms for more than an entire year we were together and I'm only having visible symptoms now.image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

honestly i dont know. please just go get checked at the doctors. but i wouldve thought you would have had an outbreak when first exposed to herpes?.

• Posted

not look like herpes but it seems like allergy but better to check to the doctor

• Posted

The white growth could be genital warts or HPV .

the sores could be Herpes.

You must go to a doctor ASAP ,

All of that is treatable

• Posted

I'm sorry you're going through this, it looks rather painful. Please see a doctor ASAP so they can help.

• Posted

Thank you all for your responses, I did a blood test and the doctor says it seems like it is a very recent case of herpes as I'm negative for it. I'm going for a swab in a few weeks as he suspects the warts to be HPV which may have surfaced due to stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.