Is this herpes or hpv? Hellpp im panicking

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi! please help me... the gynecologist won't be available till january 2020.. i suffered with vvaginal odor for 5yrs on and off.. it has been affecting my self esteem. im sorry for images please excuse them.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

when u say vaginal odour can u explain the smell as most odours are caused by bv which causes a fishy kinda smell it can be quite persistant to and keep coming back every month your vagina looks normal on the outside it could just be a vaginal infection

• Posted

fishy smell... when you say vaginal infection? could it be a std?

• Posted

it causes a thin watery discharge that smells fishy its common after sex but people who have never had sex get it usually due to a change in ph... if u use tampons i suggest changing to pads as sometime periods can cause bv to occur due to the ph of blood being different to the ph of the vagina u can buy over the counter medications or doctors can prescribe antibiotics alot of women treat it and it comes back again and becomes reoccurring every month some people treat it and it goes away i guess u could try over the counter first see if that helps until u can get to see a doctor it may just clear it up

• Posted

alot of stds dont cause a smell down there ...bv is not an std but a bacterial vaginal infection

• Posted

thank you. ive already tried over the counter products and also taken probiotics for feminine hygiene .. both of them didn't work. im also afraid to go out because i know it smells down there. i will let you know the results once i see my gynecologist after the holidays.

• Posted

ye if its bv and they offer antibiotics u should try the clindamycin cream i had bv for 4 years it got rid of mine after one dose had to use for 7 nights before bed not had anything for the last 8 months now thank god know how u feel its not nice

• Posted

hi quick update. I went to see a gyne today and got swab test for my discharge and also for chlamydia and ghonorrhea just to be sure. he told me there is no smell and that it could be just sweat. he prescribed me flagystatin that i must use for 5 days.

• Posted

thanks for the update

• Posted

i took a pic of the swab coz i was nervous when i saw it. image

• Posted

yes. this was for chlamydia and gonorrhea testing. i asked the nurse and she said it is the gel thats why it's yellow. however my swab for discharge is plain white.

• Posted

ah i see i guess its just a case of wait and see wat the results are now hope they come back ok

• Posted

update: i finished taking flagystatin two days ago. idk if it worked bcos the odor is on and off. some days i have no odor and some days i have...

• Posted

treatment may not have worked bv is hard to get rid of and can keep reoccurring

• Posted

no. it has been 3 weeks and they haven't called me. i called them for a follow up because the flagystatin didn't work.. i noticed i have a sweaty odor down there..

• Posted

update: so an information was missing on my last test so they had to refuse it and i had to take it again.. i told the doctor that my odor keeps coming back on and off. he told me that there is no odor today so he said he's going to wait for the results to come back and then we'll proceed for the treatment if needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.