Is this herpes? (Pics included) plz help

Posted , 10 users are following.

i recently (7 days ago) had unprotected sex with someone who told me they were completely clean. I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary about his genitals apart from maybe a few shaving spots etc.

2 days ago i woke up to these spots.

i am going to my local sexual health clinic tomorrow to get checked up but was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of whether they think it is or isn't therefore ill know what to expect.

imageimage

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey looks like it could be dryness, friction heat, shaving just before sex. all these are the cause of ulcerations. Doesn't look like herpes to me though. Update me when you find out please

• Posted

just been to the sexual health clinic & they honestly dont know if it is or not but she said it could be. Theyve sent off swabs so ill get the results within 2 weeks. In the mean time she's given me tablets to get rid of them if it is herpes.

• Posted

hey to be honest at 7 days out, your std chances are pretty limited. warts take longer and are less likely in women. this looks like folliculitis or from shaving as they look pus filled and totally able to be popped. regardless good job on taking your sexual health serious and i think you should still go!! but have peace of mind that i dont think these two bumps are going to be much of an issue. be confident and use protection!

• Posted

what did they say ?

• Posted

it is herpes unfortunately

• Posted

don't beat yourself up about it, lots of us live our daily lives with herpes i have had it 12 years, its not the end of the world. you are still normal and its not big deal. 😃

• Posted

Thankyou! It's a bit of a hard pill to swallow at the moment considering i'm only 17. Can't really imagine my future the way i used too anymore:(

• Posted

i also have bumps like this and i went to a gyno and she gave me classic herpes medication , she did the swab test and im very anxious for the results .. ive been woth my boyfriend for months ans we are very very exclusive.. im only 15 and im very worried its herpes. obly theres no way i could have gotten it because ive had one partner and so has he. it wouldnt make sense.. hoping for the best.

• Posted

hang in there! you will still have an amazing future. the first breakout is usually the worst, so expect less pain from here on out. try to eat healthy and keep your immune system up for less breakouts! just be sure to only have sexual contact when ur 100% positive ur not outbreaking. and use a condom! this is super common, 1 in 6 people has herpes. everythings gonna be fine i promise!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.