Is this Herpes? Started treatment but no relief

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had small bumps appear on my penis June 24-25 (pic 1) and went to a urologist the next day. He prescribed Valtrex 10-day and took a blood sample. On July 3rd he said my results were positive at 2.94. I completed the Valtrex treatment July 6th and still had the blisters. I called again and this time I was prescribed Acyclovir 5x day for 7-days. No pain or itching on head. Almost 2-weeks in and still have the blisters. Any thoughts?imageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Is this reaction normal for initial herpes outbreak? I would think the Valtrex would have fixed the issue (assuming my Dr thought this too hence why I had to call to get a second prescription) but maybe I am mistaken and it takes longer on initial outbreak? I am two weeks in, have finished the 10-day Valtrex and 4 of 7 days of Acycolvir 5x per day treatment and have yet to see any relief in the blisters and lesions have no formed yet. Any thoughts?

• Posted

antivirals will not stop or prevent an outbreak the only thing they do is take the edge off the infection or outbreaks. if you didnt take the antivirals youd be worse off

• Posted

Hey, thanks for responding. Just updating for anyone else who finds this thread. It wasn't herpes but scabies. I had dreadful itching elsewhere but not here. Anyways, started treatment and fine now

• Posted

how did they differentiate between the two ?

• Posted

For anyone who finds this post and has similar symptoms, I was prescribed Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream, USP 0.05% and have been applying it for roughly a week with decent results. Had a follow-up with my Dr. today and he believes within a week the symptoms will be gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.