Is this Highblood?

Posted , 5 users are following.

evertytime I check my BP this past few weeks it shows 130/80 in average. I’m 35 years old and my family has history of high blood pressure.. is this readings high in my age? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think 130/80 is in normal range just avoid overthinking. Put some good and healthy diet and exercise and enjoy life.
  • Posted

Some doctors will think so because of the new ridiculous standard that everyone should be 120/70. But trust me. You’re fine. Just continue to watch what you eat get some exercise and keep an eye on things every once in a while just because you have a family history but I really would not worry about it

And I would never except taking any blood pressure medicine for those numbers at all keep in mind that blood pressure medicines have horrible side effects many of us came to this site because of it

Good luck with everything 🙂

• Posted

Just keep in mind 150/90-100 What is thought to be normal at one time not to mention that your blood pressure fluctuates throughout the day many times please don’t worry about it and just a regular check ups and like I said earlier make sure you maybe make adjustments to your diet eat good exercise and I think everything will be fine of course always check with your doctor on everything these are just personal opinions

If they try to give you BP medicine make sure you are well informed come here and read everything because I can promise you I will never take another one my whole life after what I personally went through with Metoprolol Which I have documented in a thread on this website

• Posted

bryan60914...your reading of 130/80 is VERY good. Just keep an eye on things...try your best not to let the numbers creep up, but don't become paranoid about it either.

If you're exercising & eating in a healthy fashion, you should have no problems. I know my Dr. would never prescribe bp medication for anyone with your readings. As another person wrote (Tee19) blood pressure fluctuates several times during the day...sometimes minute to minute.

My Dr. told me several months ago, that the "gold" standard bp reading was 120/80. THAT has been thrown out the perverbial window. Not everyone is the same. For some people, trying to get to 120/80 is impossible. 

Just relax...you're absolutely fine. Good on you!! smile

• Posted

Thats perfecto, most doctors won't give you medication unless your blood pressure goes higher than 140/90, just eat as healthy as possible and do exercise, if your family has history of HBP and you still don't have it you should be fine at least until you get older, I'm Hipertensive since I was 18, it hasn't been easy but you learn to deal with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.