11 Replies

• Edited

i dont exactly. but its not that common to have those rashes on legs. usually on back and front.

• Edited

it's around the end of 5th week since the encounter.

I took a HIV rapid test today and the result is negative.

The result was also negative with CLIA test at the end of 4th week

should I be worried ?

• Edited

hiv tests are reliable after 4 weeks i dont think hiv is the cause of your rash u should see a doctor something else mabe causing it

• Posted

Is the Rapid test as good as the normal one ?

or

Should I need to go for the test again ?

• Edited

if u have took two tests and both are negative then i dont think its related to hiv and no u dont need to test again as the result will be negative

• Posted

The rapid test is quick but required longer window time because they normally only test antibodies.

• Edited

Hey,

Although HIV will cause skin rash, but...

It is not HIV rash.

The rash usually develop on your upper body.

The test you did is a bit early as the rapid tests are belonging to the 3rd gen. test, the window time required for 3 months.

I do not know what kind of CLIA test you did, but the time now is great for you to check with a 4th generation test (P24 antigen and antibodies). I am confident on a negative result.

Regards,

Hugo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.