Is this hives?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Okay so over the last two days I ate a whole jar of Aldi knockoff Nutella (I know that's stupid lol don't judge XD) I woke up the morning (after eating half of it) and was really itchy. I just assumed I'd got bitten by bugs or something because it wasn't really that bad. Over the day they got worse and then I ate the rest of the Nutella and started experiencing breathing difficulty and this weird pain, I'm not sure how to describe it, but it kind of felt like something big and heavy being slowly pushed down my throat. By now the rashes were really itchy so this is when I went upstairs to look it up online, and decided it was probably just an allergic reaction, but I'm still not sure...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Literally a couple minutes ago this was a little triangle...

• Posted

Well not sure about you with Nutella but I don't eat that but could

be your allergic to the nuts use in it and might not be the same as

me but sure hope it goes away for you cause I've got mine over 3

years not and it's hell and worse at night. Take care and wish you

well.

• Posted

Okay thanks, I've eaten Nutella before and not had this so I don't know... Thanks for the reply smile

• Posted

Yup, that's hives 101. Avoid Nutella and all generics. Treatment (tx)- obviously call 911 if you have difficulty breathing or severe pain, especially chest. No point having anaphalactic shock over food. Otherwise, the tx is always antihistamines (AH), I prefer 1st gen (1st manufactured decades ago) like that classic Benadryl (I buy it at Costco 400 tab for $4) but they can cause sedation. Otherwise, see my previous posts for other drugs, but Allegra, Claritin, Xyxal, or Zyrtec are 2nd gen (invented more recently) and do not cause sedation so many providers recommend these first-- but they can only be taken once or twice daily. Take the drugs as often as the manufacture says you can. Then see a doctor or provider if no relief. You may need prescription drugs. Best.

• Posted

Okay thanks so much, I'm from the Uk so I'll have to look around in the shops..

• Posted

It is allergies for sure there is prob something in there your allergic to so get tested for allergies and dont eat that again specially that much lol
    • Posted

Haha wasn't planning on doing so XD And yeah I'll definitely get tested thanks a lot :D

• Posted

Omg! Yes those are definitely hives! You need to see a Dr right away. Have you had a food allergy test? I'm not a Dr but I'd be taking bendryl and Pepcid and seeing a Dr about steriods! Do you already have chronic hives and eating this is new for you?

• Posted

I've had normal Nutella before, but since I ate a whole jar, and since it was a fake brand I'm not sure... I have not got chronic hives, and I am planning to see a Dr very soon to get tested. Thanks smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.