Is this HPV genital warts?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, I have noticed this small lump on my penis. Please could someone let me know if this is HPV or potentially if it could be something different. 

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It looks like a fordyce spot than a genital wart. Have you experienced any symptoms, such as itching, burning, irritation or discomfort? Have you had unprotected sex recently? If yes, you should get it checked by a doctor immediately. 
    • Posted

Hi Nina, I have had unprotected sex recently within the last 3/4 months. It does itch, I have put aladra on the other spot that I had and this went after a week. Would this potentially remove a Fordyce spot if I put this cream on it? I will go to the doctor, thanks
    • Posted

Fordyce spots are harmless and don't need treatment. But if you want to remove them for cosmetic reasons, coconut oil can be very helpful. Here, because you have had unprotected sex recently, you should check with your doctor. These spots could be a warning sign of STIs, like genital warts or herpes. They can be highly contagious. You need to avoid having sex until they are completely treated. Antiviral creams, like Vidarox, can help your condition. It can clear these genital spots and prevent recurrences. Also, it helps reduce your chances of passing the virus to your partner. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi, do you have any symptoms other than this spot..? Actually as correctly said above, it sseems more like a fordyce spot and not genital wart. However, what is tthe progress with these spots..? Have you consulted a doctor for this? it is best to get it clinically examine by a doocctor if you still have doubts.
  • Posted

hey I have the same issue. please let me know your current condition

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.