Is this HPV? Please help me! I'm scared! [w/ pictures]

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took some pictures of my vagina to observe her better and noticed a very strange appearance. I'm worried because I dont know if this is HPV.

Can anyone help me? What do you guys think about that? Please, I'm desperate. I already scheduled a doctor, but only in two weeks and I cant even sleep right thinking about my condition.imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

This looks like VP (vestibular papillomatosis). I personally developed some on my vulva after a yeast infection. My GYNO said its normal tissue some women get and its harmless. If you search the web it will show some pics of severe cases but they are all fine.

• Posted

it looks like VP to me...i have the same. i stress out too....just because it is there.

• Posted

Did you go to a doctor? What did he say? Because I saw on the internet that only 1% of women have VP 😦

• Posted

i did go to the doc an was scared to ask but i hope she saw it i mean i guess she would have. i got it after a yeast infection. i still stress but am getting better. yeah i really think yours is Vp

• Posted

Dont be scared to ask your doctor ever they are there to help you. They have seen the weirdest cases so you just trying to get familiar with your anatomy is nothing. I would reschedule and just ask if its normal so you have peace of mind.

• Posted

i am! finding time off work is the issues, then my job dont like to let you off early or counts it against you....but i am! i have just been scared. but i am in a relationship of almost 9 years. i do have a discharge sometimes it is clear which i always have then sometimes its brown(like old blood) maybe i am just over thinking?...

• Posted

i would just schedule another appt. to out your mind at ease because you wont know unless you ask...

• Posted

girl!! 1% of women with VP? im pretty sure almost every woman has VP. if it was HPV- they would be cauliflour shaped & discolored. some women just have more growths on their vagina then others- every vagina is different. BUT- go to your gyno, because you will worry about it non stop unless you dont.

• Posted

i went to the doc yesterday and she said it was not warts it was normal but i said something about vp an she had no clue what it was.... but said the growths were normal.

• Posted

Do you think this might have something to do with a frequent yeast infection?

• Posted

yes, i do! I got my bumps / vp during a yeast infection while i was irritated and inflamed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.