Is this HPV? Small spots appeared on my penis.

Posted , 10 users are following.

imageimageimageimage

10 days ago I noticed some spots on my penis and pubic area, (I remember noticing something in the pubic area around 4 months but thought it was just from shaving and I'm not sure it's the same thing because I didn't look with the magnifier),

I went to a sex clinic literally the next day, the nurse looked at them for 30 seconds and said "they don't look like warts to me, I think it might be just a shaving rash and the others "something" spots on the penis", thing is...I'm still super worried...I don't know how long I had them, they are really small and only visible if you look for them, in the attached photos I took them using the "magnifier" and with flash so they would be visible, first photo is from a little further away with the zones marked 1, 2 and 3, and a few close ups (marked with areas 1 2,3), I'm really scared it might be HPV (praying it's moluscum or thrush or something like that)

is that nurse wrong? (UK sex clinic nurse).

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

Hi jason,

I don't think they are genital warts; but they could be small molluscum contagiosum, another viral STD. You may have inadvertently spread the infection from shaving the pubic area. Take a close look and see if the lesions have a dimple in the centre (see photo from Dermnet NZ). The dimple can be highlighted by freezing the lesion, so you could go back to the clinic and ask them to freeze spray 2-3 lesions to observe the reaction, if present.

Adhari

• Posted

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Thank you so much for your reply, I have attached a few more photos with the areas marked, I don't see the dimple in the middle of the round ones (areas 1 and 2 , on the shaft), as for the pubic area...they aren't exactly round (areas 3 and 4), I tried adding some closeups or them.

• Posted

imageimageimage

Also..here are 3 more photos of the area taken with regular camera and no flash just so that you'd get an idea of the color etc, they stand out allot more under direct light

• Posted

Hi,

The latest photos make the molluscum diagnosis less likely, as I was persuaded by the 4th photo in the original series. Time for a second opinion at your sexual health clinic- ask for a second pair of eyes.

Adhari

• Posted

Thank you again for your reply, honest opinion, think it might be HPV?

• Edited

sorry for so many messages, one thing I'd like to add, the girl I think that gave this to me (Vietnamese that I spent some time with in Japan) told me she was a virgin (I wasn't sure because she was doing martial arts and was stretching allot but I'm 90% sure it was her).

back in November I had an STI while in Japan...I had a white discharge from my penis in the morning, burning sensation and a constant urge to urinate, that went away after about 3 weeks, I got back to the UK in January and got tested for UTI and hiv/siphilis/hepatitis a and b, all came back negative...but I definetly had something that caused urinary tract infection that went away on it's own or didn't show up at the time, now thinking about it, I did notice the rash in the pubic area in February, the doctor said in January that she did notice some puss in the swab she took from my urethra that might signify an infection but no gonorrhea or chlamydia infections in my urine, so no antibiotic or antiviral were given to me, does it look like it might be caused by gonorrhea or chlamydia? I don't have the initial symptoms anymore (urge to urinate, discharge or burning), after thinking about really curious if they are linked, or honest opinion, think it's just hpv?

• Posted

Lumps and bumps aren't caused by gonorrhoea or chlamydia; as discussed, probably time to get another opinion. If the rash doesn't look like molluscum, then genital warts is a possibility based on your backstory of genital discharge after sexual contact with a new partner.

• Posted

I will see what I can do this week if they can schedule me in, but I have a question, are white discharge+burning sensation on the head of the penis+constant urge to urinate symptoms of HPV infection?

Also after googling a bit I noticed that gonorrhea and chlamidya cand both cause rashes anywhere on the body. (asking because genuinely super scared, and this time I don't want the nurse to wave me of after 30 seconds).

• Posted

There's a condition known as disseminated gonococcal infection, but it's quite rare. Not heard of chalmydia associated with skin rash. Warts inside the pee hole can cause symptoms, but it would be pretty obvious. You'd be able to see a warty lump inside the meatus.

• Edited

ok...sorry for this but now I definetly have a timeline that would help, I know I cought this (whatever causes the spots) from a girl in Japan in November 2019 (this is 100% certain), back in november I had a serious UTI (first one I ever got and it was from this very same girl that lied to me she was a virgin, she wasn't), I had a white milky discharge in the morning, burning sensation on the tip of my penis and a constant urge to urinate (penis tip was constantly bright red and wet), the symptoms lasted for at least 4 weeks but went away by January when I got back to the UK but I still went to a sex clinic, the nurse said she did see puss in my urethra swab and the gave me a ghonorheea and chlamydia urine test (I also got hiv test etc), a week later I received a text saying that all my results are normal...and I left it at that assuming it cleared out, 2 weeks later is when I saw the rash (looked a bit worse as it was clearly visible to the naked eye) and thought it was a shaving rash.

also this might be unrelated I had people ask me why I have a constant rash (looks like acnee) on both my cheecks that goes to under my eyes, it's not bad but 3 people asked me about it, this doesn't look like the same thing in the pubic area. (I am 33 so it's a bit weird).

I checked my urethra and looks fine with no warts, same my penis tip and under the forskin.

what are the chances I have an infection in my body that is still untreated from the UTI I had in november and that's also causing the rash? maybe a yeast infection?

I'm thinking that based on the UTI symptoms I had (I was also thinking maybe scabies...but I know that the UTI wouldn't be related, I had very slight scabies on my hand last year and used a pesticide cream and went away)

If possible please have another look at the photos keeping in mind trush and scabies.

Thank you so much for your help, it's just that this time I want to be prepared for when I see the nurse.

imageimage

• Posted

Thank you for your Message - Adhari is by far the best source of expertise on the situation you have - I would have nothing additional to give you

• Posted

Curious if you got a diagnosis on the bumps as i have the exact same thing and cant seem to find an answer as to what they are.

• Posted

were you ever able to figure out what it was? I also have something very similar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.